Could use some advice

Steph2014

I am booked in September early saver. May need to cancel due to a work issue. Per early saver I lose my deposit. 600 dollars. Is there a way around this. I have paid in full already. Can I change my booking type from early saver to another and get a full refund? Or change bookings to a later date. If I do that for a shorter cruise will I get the difference back? Thanks in advance

If everything you have done still results in you losing any money, go on the cruise and take the vacation guarantee. It clearly says "for any reason".

You will get a full refund plus 10%, and expenses. Another person reported that on here and was successful.

You are before final payment right? If you cancel you will lose $50pp. You will not lose your $600 deposit, the remainder of the deposit will be applied to a future cruise.

Ship and sailing date changes are allowed prior to the final payment due date, subject to a $50 USD service fee per person, per change. Changes made after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

Guests who cancel prior to the final payment date will receive a future cruise credit in the amount of the deposit less a $50 USD service fee per person. The future cruise credit can only be redeemed on bookings made in USD currency, will be applied to guests’ cruise fare, is non-refundable, non-transferable and any unused portion will be forfeited. Guests must sail within 24 months from the date of the cancellation. Cancellations that occur after the final payment due date are subject to standard cancellation penalties.

Here is a helpful link:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/default.aspx?faq=earlysaver#q-1302103

You cannot switch from ES to a different rate.

Edited by ready2cruzagain

OK. That may work then. So I dont even have to pick the sailing yet. I may just do that

The above poster is correct. We had to do it TWICE. You only lose $50. One of the one's that we had to cancel....we did not re-book for over one year.

DON'T follow the advice to use th e"Vacation Guarantee" if you do that, they will most likely not allow you to book a future cruise..

Next time you book be sure to get "cancel for any reason" travel insurance (buy it from a 3rd party) Then if you did have to cancel that would bpay for any amount you would lose by canceling or changing

Edited by sailor_jimc