Southeast Sea Kayaks or Ketchikan Kayak Co?

beautiful.thing

Any major difference between the two other than the salmon snack (along with addition $20pp cost with Southeast Seas Kayak)?

2 adults and 2 teens. We have done lots of kayaking in various locations and actually own our own although we are far from experts. Which one will would be better for someone who is definitely not a beginner?

Do they both go to the same location? Hard to tell from descriptions but I am thinking they might.

Any other outing that would pair well with a 4hr kayaking trip that isn't pricey? We will have up to 3 or 4hrs left after kayaking.

Thanks for any input.

I've have great trips with Southeast Kayaks. With you not wanting to be with people who are beginners- which will only move as fast as them, I suggest you book the most expensive tour. I know, flames are brewing- BUT these tours are going to have more people who don't need their hand held and be superior because of it. In my opinion, this isn't the place to skimp and book based on money. Just an opinion.

Alternatively, I would suggest, you consider kayaking Mendenhall Lake, with just renting kayaks- I really enjoy this, for the ice proximity and getting that spectacular, close up Mendenhall glacier view.

I've done the DIY kayak at Mendenhall w/Above and Beyond and we had a fantastic time! Seeing the glacier from water level was just awe-inspiring! Paddling around huge hunks of ice and bergie bits was so much fun - despite the headwind we paddled into and the liquid sunshine that was falling on us. We were taken to their 'equipment shack' at Auke Bay via van where we suited up and then were taken to the launch point with some basic instructions and what time to be back. Two others with me had never kayaked before but they quickly got the hang of it, and we were off. A word of warning to avoid the island because of nesting birds who were not adverse to dive bombing anyone who paddled too close was heeded by us, but not by another group. We could hear their shrieks and laughter as they got to close! :D All in all, a great time was had by all. Would do it again in a heartbeat!