Can I use UBP to order cocktails if in a suite?

Really? No difference in cost for you to walk up to any bar vs. having someone deliver to your cabin. Was a person not attached to the delivery tray? I sure see the difference. You bitched about something you did not buy in your contract. Just because you do not agree with a A Policy doesn't make it an entitlement. That is just my opinion.

I'd have to agree with your opinion.

Harriet

In a suite you are paying for a butler. The butler delivers food to your suite so why should they not be able to deliver drinks? They will be rewarded for their efforts.

They can and will deliver drinks. However, you must pay for those drinks as they are not included in the UBP.

Harriet

In a suite you are paying for a butler. The butler delivers food to your suite so why should they not be able to deliver drinks? They will be rewarded for their efforts.

The reason is that significantly more people would ask for a free drink to be delivered. Sure, the butler has time to do his duties. However, if everyone ordered a drink every 20 minutes....they would need 2-3x the number of butlers (or more, just to deliver drinks). The wait for butlers would be infuriating in the evenings.

It would be a nightmare. Or, they would need to boost staffing for high demand times...which increases costs.

If you think about it, how long does it take a waiter to get drinks? It would take as long or longer for the butler because he is not already in the bar area.

It would be nice, yes. But, I don't think they are equipped for it. Maybe they could assign a waiter or 2 to fetch drinks.

We were in a suite this past weekend. Us and our new friends would have easily kept a single waiter or butler very busy grabbing us drinks as we watched the ocean from our aft balcony (and partied into the night). There were 15 suites on the Sky. The larger ships (almost every other ship in the fleet) have more suites. The staffing requirement would be much higher than I think you initially imagined.

Edited by Kingofwylietx

The reason is that significantly more people would ask for a free drink to be delivered. Sure, the butler has time to do his duties. However, if everyone ordered a drink every 20 minutes....they would need 2-3x the number of butlers (or more, just to deliver drinks). The wait for butlers would be infuriating in the evenings.

It would be a nightmare. Or, they would need to boost staffing for high demand times...which increases costs.

If you think about it, how long does it take a waiter to get drinks? It would take as long or longer for the butler because he is not already in the bar area.

It would be nice, yes. But, I don't think they are equipped for it. Maybe they could assign a waiter or 2 to fetch drinks.

We were in a suite this past weekend. Us and our new friends would have easily kept a single waiter or butler very busy grabbing us drinks as we watched the ocean from our aft balcony (and partied into the night). There were 15 suites on the Sky. The larger ships (almost every other ship in the fleet) have more suites. The staffing requirement would be much higher than I think you initially imagined.

Plus, the person while demanded special treatment, to have drinks delivered to the cabin, wasn't even a suite passenger. Can you imagine hundreds of passengers ordering drinks to their cabins all day and night?!

Really? No difference in cost for you to walk up to any bar vs. having someone deliver to your cabin. Was a person not attached to the delivery tray? I sure see the difference. You bitched about something you did not buy in your contract. Just because you do not agree with a A Policy doesn't make it an entitlement. That is just my opinion.

Sorry, but I can't help noticing that you quickly jumped to the conclusion that we did not tip the delivery person (who became our regular delivery person) I really don't think that there was a problem accepting tips, and also on the mornings that we ordered breakfast delivery, plus the few occasions when we ordered a BLT for lunch. We simply like making use of our balcony and enjoying a few drinks with our lunch/afternoon snacks. I am a firm believer in gratuities wherever warranted.

Sorry, but I can't help noticing that you quickly jumped to the conclusion that we did not tip the delivery person (who became our regular delivery person) I really don't think that there was a problem accepting tips, and also on the mornings that we ordered breakfast delivery, plus the few occasions when we ordered a BLT for lunch. We simply like making use of our balcony and enjoying a few drinks with our lunch/afternoon snacks. I am a firm believer in gratuities wherever warranted.

No, I am sorry I did not make that conclusion that you did not tip. I find that point to be irrelevant. Of course it's just my opinion but I feel like you entitled yourself to a service that others didn't get who purchased the UBP.

I myself travel in suites. I do have the UBP for my next cruise and of course I would not expect them to carry a drink to my room every time I am thirsty.

Although you tip the delivery person, I am sure 100% of that tip went in their pocket. NCL still had to provide that person on their nickel to offer you that extremely ppersonalized service that others didn't receive.

And you're so unique in that regard :rolleyes:

I go on cruises because I like boats. I'm here all week, thanks.

This turned into a bash fest against the op.

However..

Has OP stayed at a hotel and see the fees associated with room service. When instead I can just run down to the restaurant??

If it cost the same, people would have outlawed the RS fees long time ago. But you know what, I used it last weekend bc I had breakfast in bed and didn't have run down the back stairwell and run it back to my room.

This turned into a bash fest against the op.

However..

Has OP stayed at a hotel and see the fees associated with room service. When instead I can just run down to the restaurant??

Not one single poster bashed the OP. The OP is Fivesnuff and only has 2 posts in this thread. OP got their answer and moved on.