Solstice dry dock October 2016?

Eloise4Ever

I dont know if this is the very last thread on this topic.

But I read that the Solstice will also swap Bistro on 5 for Sushi and get a big outdoor TV screen.

Any other information on the drydock next month?

I hope X introduces the new menus in Blu aswell as the new Internet technology.

The new internet technology is already there, it was done a few months ago. Sushi on 5 is also already there.

Some info on other improvements here.

http://www.cruiseadvice.com.au/2016/09/new-look-celebrity-solstice-soon-arrive-sydney/

The new internet technology is already there, it was done a few months ago. Sushi on 5 is also already there.

Some info on other improvements here.

http://www.cruiseadvice.com.au/2016/09/new-look-celebrity-solstice-soon-arrive-sydney/

We were on Solstice in late August and I believe the dry dock is long overdue. In our cabin the furniture showed its age and the commode had several heavy dark stains! Some type of loud sporadic repairs, probably plumbing, were ongoing near our cabin throughout the cruise. The crew was very efficient and overworked. The food was acceptable and the public areas were acceptable.

We were on Solstice in late August and I believe the dry dock is long overdue. In our cabin the furniture showed its age and the commode had several heavy dark stains! Some type of loud sporadic repairs, probably plumbing, were ongoing near our cabin throughout the cruise. The crew was very efficient and overworked. The food was acceptable and the public areas were acceptable.

Agreed, surprised how long they've gone without one as she's now in service for 8 years, and wear was evident 5 years ago.

That said, I don't believe this refurb will cover that. They only mentioned upgrading some suite furniture so if they've mentioned that, I would expect they would mention other room refurbishments if they were to happen. The dry dock is not that long either.

Thanks for this useful link!

I really hope they change the carpets and some furniture of the cabins as they are really worn out.

Same for the sunchairs - some of them lacking several of those "stripes" making it uncomfortable to lay on.

Weird that the article says Xcelerate and Sushi will be added when it is already done.

To be honest, I could also think of a better use for the room they gain from changing the photo thing than making the art section bigger.

• 1 month later...
I would love to hear from anyone on the October 31st sailing from Singapore to Sydney on what has been done to the Solstice from dry dock.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I also hope that someone on the current sailing comments. We left the Solstice on October 22nd in Singapore as she went into dry-dock. We spent a week there and ran into one of the Luminae waiters in Chinatown several days later. I forgot to ask him about the dry dock progress.

We were on a B2B. On the first leg we had dinner with Captain Taramas. On the second leg we were invited to a dinner hosted by Staff Captain Stefanatos and another hosted by Hotel Director Sue Richardson. The dry-dock was the recurring topic of conversation on all three of these dinners. Our recollection of the planned work includes cleaning and re-painting the hull, servicing several engineering functions, re-location of the photo gallery into a smaller space, re-location of the art gallery, and expanded retail space. There will also be some carpet replacement and replacement of some other furnishings.

I've posted photos over in this thread. Celebrity Solstice October Refresh Thread

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?url=http%3A%2F%2Fboards%2Ecruisecritic%2Ecom%2Fshowthread%2Ephp%3Ft%3D2403949&share_tid=2403949&share_fid=24703&share_type=t

There is very minimal changes, even in regard to soft refurbishment of furniture, carpets etc. having a ball though! Great ship and crew as always [emoji1]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk