SPIRIT Fridge or not?

Svenson

I can't believe how many conflicting answers I have found to this question. Do all cabins on the NCL Spirit have a fridge? It seems many folks here on the forum say yes, but on the NCL website, it says no. We are in two inside cabins and are wondering if we should do the soda package or bring our own sodas/waters and restock a couple times in port. Warm soda would not be very appealing. Would someone who has been in an inside cabin recently confirm that we will definitely have a fridge?

By the way, this is our first NCL cruise, and we are on the July 6th Grand Med.

Thanks in advance!:)

I sailed twice on the Spirit with inside cabins and did not have a refrigerator.

I sailed December 2013 on Spirit, inside cabin, and DID have a fridge.

I think they were installed in the refit around 2011-2012 when they put in the flat screen TVs and took out the square TV boxes. The fridge is where the box was, and the Flat Screen is up high.

Caribsun, I noticed your Spirit cruises were in 2010 and 2011, so I am encouraged by Froggitt's post regarding an inside cabin in 2013. Fingers crossed that that means all rooms now have fridges. It would certainly make life easier (and much cheaper).

Thanks for your help!:)

• 1 month later...
No fridges are only locked on the last night of your cruise.

I never knew that.

Now we can start planning what to put in the fridge:D

Having been charged for fridge drinks that I didn't take last cruise, in future I will get the cabin attendant to remove drinks on the first day. More work for him, but if they don't do their job right.........tough.

Having been charged for fridge drinks that I didn't take last cruise, in future I will get the cabin attendant to remove drinks on the first day. More work for him, but if they don't do their job right.........tough.

Hmmm, I guess that's a good idea, just to be safe, and it would give us more room in the fridge.

No fridges are only locked on the last night of your cruise.

That is incorrect. We just got off the Gem and our fridge was locked when you got to our cabin. I asked the cabin steward to unlock it and he said he would unlock it and remove the contents that evening. Why we had to wait until after dinner, I do not know.

It is generally unlocked. However, a few ports, I believe Houston was one, the state required it locked until leaving port and to be locked again on the last evening before arriving port. (Weird tax law). There may be other similar places. Other than our first cruise, we always empty the refridge our selves. I mention it to the room steward and tell him/her which drawer the stuff is in so it can be restocked after us. Never, ever, a problem. But the room steward will be happy to do it for you if you wish. However, that first day, they are really busy until later evening. So I wouldn't bother them until things slow down (or do it yourself if they've been permitted to unlock it yet).

That is incorrect. We just got off the Gem and our fridge was locked when you got to our cabin. I asked the cabin steward to unlock it and he said he would unlock it and remove the contents that evening. Why we had to wait until after dinner, I do not know.

Well in my experience of 10 Norwegian cruises over 4 ships it's been unlocked on arrival and then locked the last night to stop you raiding it after the Steward has done their checks.

I can't believe how many conflicting answers I have found to this question. Do all cabins on the NCL Spirit have a fridge? It seems many folks here on the forum say yes, but on the NCL website, it says no. We are in two inside cabins and are wondering if we should do the soda package or bring our own sodas/waters and restock a couple times in port. Warm soda would not be very appealing. Would someone who has been in an inside cabin recently confirm that we will definitely have a fridge?

By the way, this is our first NCL cruise, and we are on the July 6th Grand Med.

Thanks in advance!:)

NCL is basically giving away Unlimited Beverage Packages right now... I would see if you can modify your reservation and save money.

NCL is basically giving away Unlimited Beverage Packages right now... I would see if you can modify your reservation and save money.

Sarcher, how would you do that when the cruise is completely booked and paid for?

Sarcher, how would you do that when the cruise is completely booked and paid for?

I would still speak with NCL... I don't see an issue as long as final payment isn't due yet... they can do rebooks that grab the current rate and specials without letting go of your room. They've been accommodating for many people in the past... even after final payment. There's no harm in asking for information. :)

I just got 2 UBP free on my cruise I just bought, she told me the promo is going off this weekend tho...who knows. I do have to pay the 18 percent gratuity tho... big deal right...I'm pumped!