L-I-V-E from the Vision! 12 Days Sailing the Mediterranean!

First, Nicole, great report! I can't wait to see all your pix.

Lemonjelly--Paris is my absolute favorite city in the world! Please know that you can visit and have a wonderful trip without speaking French. The most important thing is to understand a few customs:

When you enter a shop or restaurant, always greet the person before asking questions. Ideally, you will feel comfortable saying "Bonjour Madame", but if not, then say it in English--Good morning(afternoon, evening) Madame.

They will appreciate any effort you make, but politeness is important.

Don't miss a visit because you worry about your lack of French--go and have fun!

Barb

Thanks for the great information. We are doing Paris pre-cruise. Can't believe we are leaving for Europe beginning of next week :D We are doing the same cruise since I have always wanted to visit Greece since I did a report in the 6th grade!

i thankyou for your kind advice barb ,even few words like that are a great help in giving me that nudge i need ,ive traveled all over the world into cities where english isnt widely spoken and have always had a wonderful time so yes why would paris be any differant ,i guess my confidence has been knocked a little due to health issues . but i can get on a train at home and be in paris in 3hrs so it should be and is now on my to do very soon list along with new york and las vegas :) thankyou very much again barb .ps fave citys of mine i have visited top 5 hong kong ,prague,stavanger,lisbon and singapore

Hey Nicole! Hope Paris is fun! If you post again, can you comment on the ship in general? (Service, food, entertainment?). Some recent reviews really dogged the food....and the up charges, especially drink prices. Wondering your thoughts? Thanks!

I'm still reading along! When I was in Turkey, a group of us hired a private van, great tour but at the end we stopped at a rug shop. Is this a prerequisite for every tour in Turkey, I wonder?

If you are taken to the carpet shop, you could always not go in and do your own thing instead. You could explore the indoor market and it's a short walk back to the ship.

I wish we'd done this last year as we hated the sales pitch from the carper store owner.

I'll keep following. We are on the Vision June 21. Great post so far.

We are on Vision June 21st as well. I am really looking forward to some current information about the ship, ports, etc. Our itinerary is a little different, but hoping to get good information anyway. :-)

Nicole, thank you for sharing your cruise with us. :) Did they use tender tickets in Cannes?

I had the exact same question... quite keen on finding out, please let me know if you hear anything. :)

Was great reading this Nicole, we are going on the same cruise in August, we can't wait. It must have been really disappointing not being able to go to Santorini, but as you rightly said it's down to what the captain deems safe at the end of the day. Looks like you had a fantastic time though, have been looking at your photos on Instagram.

If you are taken to the carpet shop, you could always not go in and do your own thing instead. You could explore the indoor market and it's a short walk back to the ship.

I wish we'd done this last year as we hated the sales pitch from the carper store owner.

Good to know that they are still obnoxious vendors. Everything was fine until you get to those carpet places and the market then all hell breaks loose. Shopping would be so pleasant without the vendors tugging on your elbows.

Nicole, thank you for sharing your cruise with us. :) Did they use tender tickets in Cannes?

Good question....Nicole can you let us know? If you used tickets, how long did it take to get off the ship? I can't recall, but perhaps you were on a ship tour and got off that way? Thanks!

Sorry for the delay, guys! I jumped right back into work when I got home and between the catching up and the *awful* jet lag, it's been a crazy week!

Yes, they used tickets to tender off in Cannes, but only up to group 15. If they run out of tickets, you have to wait for general boarding after group 15, which is exactly what happened to us -- they ran out of tickets right before we figured out where tickets were being handed out and had to wait for general boarding. I think we finally got off the ship around 11:00, but I'll have to double check my notes.

Thank you for the information Nicole. By any chance do you know if Diamond C & A members can get tender tickets from the Diamond lounge? Once again, thank you for sharing your trip with us.

You mentioned getting tickets to get off the ship. Where did they hand out the tickets? Is preference given to those on ship excursions or is it first-come-first-served? What time did the disembarkation begin in Italy if the ship got in around 7? If one has an 8 a.m. private tour scheduled, what is your advice to avoid missing it? Thanks for any and all info you can provide on this.

Sorry for the delay, guys! I jumped right back into work when I got home and between the catching up and the *awful* jet lag, it's been a crazy week!

Yes, they used tickets to tender off in Cannes, but only up to group 15. If they run out of tickets, you have to wait for general boarding after group 15, which is exactly what happened to us -- they ran out of tickets right before we figured out where tickets were being handed out and had to wait for general boarding. I think we finally got off the ship around 11:00, but I'll have to double check my notes.

Thanks for the reply Nicole. By any chance do you remember where and at what time they started handing out the tickets? We're hoping to get the train over to Nice so we would like to be off the ship as soon as we possibly can!

Hope the jet lag's better!

hi Nicole i am a newbie to cruising and found your blogs and posts about your recent vision cruise really useful. going on our first cruise in August on Vision so getting excited and in planning mode . your info is sound..thanks :)

• 4 weeks later...