Mt Roberts Tramway

meh56

We will be sailing on the Golden Princess and tendering at Juneau. Can anyone tell me where the tenders come into at Juneau and how far that is from the Tramway? Is it easy walking distance or can we take a taxi or bus?

Just got off NCL Jewel....we ported a mile or so away...but had free shuttle buses taking us in. Another ship was ported right there where the tram is. A local told me that some of the bigger ships cannot port there so don't know if yours will or not but prolly will be like the Jewel & port away....(with free buses taking you to town of course) The buses stop right there near the tram building. Hope that helps... Enjoy your cruise!:)

Thank you for your response but we will not be docking, we will be dropping anchor and using tenders to get into the port. We have been to Juneau before and have been docked in town but it doesn't look that way on this itinerary.

We are on the Golden July 4th in Juneau and was looking at Trammway up the mountain as we enjoyed this the last time we went, where are you seeing Tendering? In the 4 visits to Alaska we never Tendered and trying to squeeze in 2 excursions I am jostling the time window and with Tender they are close.

Thanks

This will be our 3rd Alaska cruise and we have never tendered before. On our confirmation from Princess it says tender in Ketchikan and Juneau...I am hoping they are wrong but there are 5 ships in each port on the days we will be there. I will call Princess tomorrow and confirm the tender.

We will be sailing on the Golden Princess and tendering at Juneau. Can anyone tell me where the tenders come into at Juneau and how far that is from the Tramway? Is it easy walking distance or can we take a taxi or bus?

The tenders drop off at Marine Park. It is about a 6 minute walk to the Mt Roberts Tramway. When you get off the tender go right can not miss it.

the tender dock is north of the docked cruise ships, past the library, Harley Shop, Red dog etc. Real close to Avis, and Adventure Bound. :)

It's about a 10/15 minute walk back to the tram. Do NOT buy this ticket in advance.