Breakaway Brings It!!!

camz

Please forget any negativity you may have read from the naysayers regarding the Beautiful Breakaway. I just disembarked from this beauty and have nothing but positives to say about this ship. The crew are extremely friendly and helpful. The ship is very user friendly for a ship of this size. Norwegian put a lot of thought into this ship and it shows. The Glow Party, shows, my favorite, Rock of Ages and fireworks are all amazing. Many options to choose for dining and snacks such as Carlos Bakery. Also, we took many plates of food back to the cabin at various times, from various locations and were never even given a frown. I know there has been recent scrutiny regarding this subject. As far as people indicating that NCL nickels and dimes, we were never approached to purchase anything. Again, options are there for your choosing, however, there is no pressure to purchase anything. Any questions, please fire away!!!

Thank you for posting and agree 100%. I was on the May 3rd Breakaway sailing and it was probably the best cruise i've ever been on (out of 4). By reading these boards before hand, my impression was it was going to be a military-run, strict food policing experience with salespeople down my throat, but it was really the opposite of all of that. You can basically do anything you want on this ship without being bothered. I'll be back with NCL

Few questions for you!

1. How much were the drinks? By the pool? wondering if it's really worth the UDP considering we will be docked for 4 days in Bermuda (& probably drinking on land)

2. How were the crowds? I hear the kids activities are very crowded

3. Which speciality dining do you recommend?

Thanks!!! first cruise here- so many many questions!!

1) Drinks pricing was consistent throughout the ship no matter where you were. Just like any bar you may find in NYC, beers run around $7 and specialty drinks around $10.

2) I was pleased with the crowds, not too many kids (could be b/c school was in session) but a lot of younger folks. When kids are out of school im sure it will get crowded.

3) I love hibachi restaurants and my gf and I agreed that the teppenyaki restaurant on the ship was the best hibachi experience we've had in terms of the entertainment. especially with kids I would highly recommend it

We took food mostly from the buffet, also the uptown grill has a "to go" option, and we had a regular balcony. (camz and I are a couple)

Thank you!

I'm so glad to read. Nice positive review of the Breakaway. We sail July 19th and it can't come soon enough!

Will be on the 5/31 cruise in our first aft facing cabin on deck 13. Was wondering if you were bothered by late night noise from Spice H2O?

We weren't bothered by the noise at all. It was somewhat enjoyable sitting on the balcony listening to the music. It was like being at the parties without being there. Once you close the balcony door you got a little bass thumping but it was nothing major. If your a light sleeper it may bother you, but we had no problems.

Thanks, glad to hear the noise wasn't a problem. Where is the muster station for the aft facing cabins? On our last cruise aboard the Breakaway we were in the Atrium, standing room only for 30 min. Hoping it's in MDR so we can at least sit down.

Thanks, glad to hear the noise wasn't a problem. Where is the muster station for the aft facing cabins? On our last cruise aboard the Breakaway we were in the Atrium, standing room only for 30 min. Hoping it's in MDR so we can at least sit down.

Manhattan Room (MDR)

What kind of cabin question do you have? We were in an aft facing balcony cabin on Deck 12. We did not participate in trivia games. However, I did see many going on and I can check the Freestyle Daily for specific information if you would like. Just let me know.

I have an aft balcony cabin booked on the BA for Sept. How did you like it??

So you mentioned Deck 12 Aft. We are booked for 12908 coming up this October. Which cabin were you in? Did you have the soot issue in the mornings? And could you feel any air moving while on the balcony at sea?

We were in 12304, which is on YouTube. We were in the cabin in May of 2014, 2015 and have it booked for May of 2016. LOVE this cabin! I've never seen any soot.