Debarkation oasis question

We have a Noon flight out of Ft. Lauderdale. Do we need to tell the cruise ahead of time, or just fill out a form that we want self debarkation?

I don't think you even need self-assist disembarkation. I'd talk with Guest Services and get luggage tags for no later than 9:30am.

Just 4 updates to the info here, since we just disembarked Oasis last Saturday:

1. We were in the last group called and there was still a very long line at customs.

2. There was not a separate line for porters. They did cut past several people behind us, but when one tried to cut past us, DH asked him if his people are in front of us. He responded by pointing to them -behind us. The porter said he was just trying to get out of our way.... Right! They did not pass us to cut in line anymore.

3. There was no coffee or snacks at the promenade cafe after 9 a.m. We had to go search for a cup of water. This was a surprise, as we always wait close to the Promenade Cafe to enjoy more coffee before we leave. It stayed open on Freedom in December.

4. A great quiet place to wait on Oasis is the Schooner Bar. There is lots of seating and few people go there to wait.

I'm surprised no one asked if wheelchairs will help you cut the line. Certainly appears to be at airports.

If you don't want to go through Customs and Border Protection, don't leave the country.:rolleyes:

I'm surprised no one asked if wheelchairs will help you cut the line. Certainly appears to be at airports.

If you don't want to go through Customs and Border Protection, don't leave the country.:rolleyes:

I have both a cane and a global entry card-- I can certainly tell you that the card is SIGNIFICANTLY better for getting back into the country-- there are no lines! (at the airport)

Edited by denatravels