Installing car seats on plane

Ashland

Has anyone had any problem installing their carseats onboard the plane?...We'll be flying Jet Blue this July as a large family with two toddlers among us 6 adults...and yes we have booked their seats by the windows on a 3/3 configuration.

We used ours no problem at Christmas on Alaska Air. My husband boarded first and got the seat installed, books and snacks out, etc. I stayed with our son in the gate area until final boarding was called.

It's just a matter of slipping the seatbelt through. It's a great idea, as the previous poster said, to send someone ahead to install them if possible, just to avoid blocking the aisles with the kids while you wait for the seats to go in.

We used ours no problem at Christmas on Alaska Air. My husband boarded first and got the seat installed, books and snacks out, etc. I stayed with our son in the gate area until final boarding was called.

That's how we've always done it too.

The other advantage to going first is that once people are seated, it's really hard to avoid bonking heads with the carseat.

It's generally really quick and easy to install car seats on a plane. Much easier than putting them in a car as there is only the one lap belt to attach.

We like to wait until the end to board with the kids. No reason to make them sit on the plane any longer than they have to.