GTY rate - room assigned at booking?

zubee23

Have booked GTY many times. Have never been offered a choice of GTY rooms when initially booking a reservation through NCL. Is this something new? In the past, I just booked GTY and somewhere along the line was issued a stateroom.

Thanks to all for their knowledge and thoughtfulness!

I'm not sure what you are asking. I have never heard of any cruise line assigning you a room when booking. I did, however, book a cruise one month out and filled out the online documents right away and Voila! I was assigned a cabin as soon as I pressed enter. I doubt that works all the time and the agent who booked me over the phone was insistent I wouldn't find out my cabin assignment until I got to the docks...

I was worried booking a guaranteed cabin at the lowest rate but he assured me it wasn't a prison ship... BTW- my room was still inside but several categories up from the bottom.

Edited by Markanddonna

It seems that some of the ships may actually have cabins with the X designation. For example, I think there were two IX cabins on the Epic on my last cruise. So, if you book an X cabin early early enough you may get to choose from one of those cabins. I am not sure where those cabins were located (maybe far forward), but I do remember another CC discussion where they were a topic.

It seems that some of the ships may actually have cabins with the X designation. For example, I think there were two IX cabins on the Epic on my last cruise. So, if you book an X cabin early early enough you may get to choose from one of those cabins. I am not sure where those cabins were located (maybe far forward), but I do remember another CC discussion where they were a topic.

This happened to me on my last Sun cruise.

There are 2 cabins designated as in OX (6001, 6501?) on the Sun.

I was assigned 6001 as soon as I clicked enter on the computer.

Turned out to be a great cabin for the price.