Ice show on the Explorer

Just got off the Explorer of the Seas , our first time on this ship and was interested in how they do the admissions for the Iceshow.

It was done by Tender station number and was advertised in the Compass each day the show was on.

So for example the first show if you were tender station D1 to8 then you went at a specific time then the next show the tender stations would be the next numerically.

No tickets were needed you just showed your Seapass card and if it had the right number on you were admitted to the Icerink

Seemed to work well.

Think it was expected to go when asked but you could wait and see if there were seats just before the show started.

There were 5 shows on Explorer, probably because they have more passengers, more life boats because there are more cabins now.

They have a stand-by line that forms for those not having a muster station assigned to that show. It is easy to just fall into that line and then take one of the 'usually' many available seats prior to the show.

Some of the best seats are often still available as they also open up the 'gold card' seating for general seating at this same time.

Edited by MADflyer

They have a stand-by line that forms for those not having a muster station assigned to that show. It is easy to just fall into that line and then take one of the 'usually' many available seats prior to the show.

Some of the best seats are often still available as they also open up the 'gold card' seating for general seating at this same time.

Unfortunately, I have encountered situations where we have not had a ticket and not been able to get into the ice show though it happened on Navigator and not Explorer. Getting a ticket is no big deal and I just like having no worry that we are not going to get in.

Unfortunately, I have encountered situations where we have not had a ticket and not been able to get into the ice show though it happened on Navigator and not Explorer. Getting a ticket is no big deal and I just like having no worry that we are not going to get in.

I have not been on Navigator since she was Rome based, but they did not have tickets or a muster station system on my sailing and it was just open seating for the ice shows on Navigator and everything went just fine.

I was somewhat concerned as this was just one month after I had done a TA on Liberty, where tickets were the norm, but I did recall the stand-by line being no problem, even on Liberty. There they actually cleared stand-by seating 15 minutes prior and then Gold Card seating opened at 10 minutes prior. This was 'smarter' as they filled the less desirable seats first and then opened the best seats for late arrivals.