?? about Spencer’s Land, Sea & Beach Adventure??

motherchic

I am interested in Spencer’s Land, Sea & Beach adventure.

I have rheumatoid arthritis, I can walk and swim, but I have to be careful of rocky or uneven ground etc....,

For anyone who has experienced this tour:

1) Is any of the tour strenuous?

2) Is it easy to get in and out of the boat?

Any info would be very appreciated

Thank you

Nadine

We did this tour this year. It is somewhat difficult to get in and out of the boat, but I am sure they would assist. Somewhat similar to the tendering process, timing the steps, etc.

There is no part of the tour that is strenuous -- you could see the volcano portion without walking steps, which just takes you to another viewing area. The beach portion is walking a few yards from the dock and sitting on a beach chair :), the van is able to park close to the two stops included in the tour. I would let them know you need assistance getting in and out of the boat.

• 1 month later...
We did this tour this year. It is somewhat difficult to get in and out of the boat, but I am sure they would assist. Somewhat similar to the tendering process, timing the steps, etc.

There is no part of the tour that is strenuous -- you could see the volcano portion without walking steps, which just takes you to another viewing area. The beach portion is walking a few yards from the dock and sitting on a beach chair :), the van is able to park close to the two stops included in the tour. I would let them know you need assistance getting in and out of the boat.

Dw and I have Spencer booked and have elected for the mud bath and she doesn't know what to take on the excursion, beach bag with complete change of clothes or will the mud clean off easily. my suggestion is swimsuits under regular clothes, please advise and many Thanks Steve

I am interested in Spencer’s Land, Sea & Beach adventure.

I have rheumatoid arthritis, I can walk and swim, but I have to be careful of rocky or uneven ground etc....,

For anyone who has experienced this tour:

1) Is any of the tour strenuous?

2) Is it easy to get in and out of the boat?

Any info would be very appreciated

Thank you

Nadine

The tour isn't strenuous at all. I also don't remember the boat being difficult to get in and out of, but I suppose it could be with arthritis. The tour is a blast! We had a great time.

Dw and I have Spencer booked and have elected for the mud bath and she doesn't know what to take on the excursion, beach bag with complete change of clothes or will the mud clean off easily. my suggestion is swimsuits under regular clothes, please advise and many Thanks Steve

There are showers at the mud bath area, but your skin and suit will likely be a little stained for the rest of the day. We just showered off and stayed in our towels in the van. The next stop is the waterfall, which you can go stand under and get wet. Then, you go to the beach. There really is no point in changing out of your swimsuit. They are really laid back, too. Just stay in a towel after the mud baths. I have some pictures of the mud baths and waterfall in my vacation video if you want to see them. The link is in my siggy.

Edited by oliviaik

There are showers at the mud bath area, but your skin and suit will likely be a little stained for the rest of the day. We just showered off and stayed in our towels in the van. The next stop is the waterfall, which you can go stand under and get wet. Then, you go to the beach. There really is no point in changing out of your swimsuit. They are really laid back, too. Just stay in a towel after the mud baths. I have some pictures of the mud baths and waterfall in my vacation video if you want to see them. The link is in my siggy.

Thank you Oliviaik you have brought peace to my DW and your vid brought an even greater tranquility to her excursion prep. By seeing the vid she now knows what shoes to wear that day too! You're awesome!