How do people see things differently to what they are

Taken as an extract from a Spirit review over on the other side.

[ It also seems that smoking is allowed on any outside space so if you are a non-smoker, you should be aware that you may be down wind of noxious fumes at any time when on deck. The entertainment was of the "Working Men's Club" type. The Theatre area was laid out like a bar ]

The smoking bit simply not true.

Entertainment, apart from the usual once a week guest comedian/entertainer has anyone seen Thomson type entertainment/shows in a working mens club ?????

Strange how some people can seem to see things completely different to what they actually are in reality.

We have been on numerous holidays where the odd review was terrible. Not just cruises. When we arrived the places were nothing like they were stating. I think some people are never happy unless they are moaning.

entertainment was of the "Working Men's Club" type.

I think some people are never happy unless they are moaning.

Having just returned from a wonderful week away at a country house hotel, I can let you know that You get what you pay for.

When one pays top dollar, one expects a lot, but when one travels on cheap and discounted cruises, expect only to enjoy yourself.

The working mans club aspect is interesting, but having found myself on many Thomson cruises, I can tell you that I have enjoyed each one.

I have enjoyed many cruises on RCCL, On P&O on Celebrity and Sun Cruises.

Each were brill, each were unique and on each occasion I got what I expected.

Its what you pay for ...that is the standard one would and should expect.

Yes the moaners are there, and yes moaners are here, and yes sometimes they vent their anger at nice people like me, but I dont mind. Because I know I care about the waiters, their assistants, I care about the cabin stewards. Bless them all they are so lovley, so cute and so hardworking.

I love everybody really, and am a real go to person. Thats why I am here to help others with my vast experience and dont ever mind helping.

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Lynn is beautiful. GO LYNN

[ It also seems that smoking is allowed on any outside space so if you are a non-smoker, you should be aware that you may be down wind of noxious fumes at any time when on deck. The entertainment was of the "Working Men's Club" type. The Theatre area was laid out like a bar ]

Entertainment, apart from the usual once a week guest comedian/entertainer has anyone seen Thomson type entertainment/shows in a working mens club ?????

Strange how some people can seem to see things completely different to what they actually are in reality.

Probably spent all their evenings in High Spirits ;)

The theatre is actually a show lounge so not surprising it does not look like a theatre;)

Anything other than a fact, ie, the theatre has 960 seats, is probably a matter of opinion anyway.

The entertainment was of the "Working Men's Club" type.

Many top acts have made the grade through the club circuit - I mind seeing Billy Connolly, then a callow youth, in the local Miners Welfare (many moons ago) before he rose to international stardom.

We have been on numerous holidays where the odd review was terrible. Not just cruises. When we arrived the places were nothing like they were stating. I think some people are never happy unless they are moaning.
Absolutely.

Some of the trivia that people moan about is beyond comprehension.

Then you get the occasional laugh, like the reviewer who complained about the swimming pool at a Spanish hotel being cold........they had stayed in January !!!

Poor food comments often bewilder, makes me wonder if we'd been in the same establishment - some punters must have a resident Cordon Bleu chef at home and live on luxury cuisine.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

Many top acts have made the grade through the club circuit - I mind seeing Billy Connolly, then a callow youth, in the local Miners Welfare (many moons ago) before he rose to international stardom.

I was thinking along the same lines as you ,have they ever set foot in a working /miners/steel or any other trades club ?

Englebert ,Cilla ,Tom jones and Def -Lepard to name a few of these so called poor acts... how did we ever cope with them ;)

On a similar tact a few weeks back we passed a very big ship in Southampton .

It had a giraffes (bouncy castle type) head hung over it's stern and a big glass swing ball midship's and I do believe it has

bumping cars ,zip lines etc onboard .

The thought went through my mind how many people slate Thomson as Butlin's at sea ?

I'm not knocking that ship for one minute just how I see things .:)

Edited by kalos

Some of the trivia that people moan about is beyond comprehension. .

One agrees with one regarding this.

Some like myself, are very openminded and give others many chances.

There are some comments on these boards that one has to question if the poster was reall there at all.

Having just returned from a beautiful break at a Country House Hotel with a "Friend", we had a ball of a time, but my "Friend" faulted the scrambled eggs at breakfast which I found most delightful.

Its all a matter of taste Darlings.

Tally Ho

Edited by P&O Lynn Knickers
Go L Y N N

I replied to a post on a holiday forum about a hotel where the lack of variety on the buffet was heavily criticised by one disgruntled guest. It became more of a quiz as people tried to think of foods that weren't actually available! I think we narrowed it down to globe artichokes and caviar!:p

This happens all the time. I often listen to bits of conversation when leaving the football ground and think "did they just watch a different game to me." We all notice and focus on other parts of the game or holidays. Fortunatly I am a cup half full person and tend to look at the good. It has to be bad for me to waste my energy and holiday time complaining.