Wet week in Jamaica

divot33

We will be in Jamaica on 6/3 and are looking to do Sun Valley Plantation then Blue Hole with a private driver.

Looking at the weather forecast, there is a high chance of rain leading up to, and on, our day there.

Saturday and Sunday afternoon shows about 80%. Monday and Tuesday are in the mid 70% all day. and Wednesday (the day of our visit) is 60% all day.

Any ideas how that might impact our trip? I'm not sure how heavy the showers are this time of year - I'm guessing that it's much like the Florida summer rain.

What about getting to/from Blue Hole? Any chance of the road being too muddy to travel?

Lastly, any suggestions for a Plan B tour if the day is a washout?

We're not in panic mode yet, just trying to get an idea of what we might be in for.

Thanks!

What about getting to/from Blue Hole? Any chance of the road being too muddy to travel?

While the road is technically dirt, I think there is a lot of limestone/gravel in the mix too. Here is a video I shot of the drive up to the Blue Hole:

Direct link:

This will give you an idea of what it looks like.

While the road is technically dirt, I think there is a lot of limestone/gravel in the mix too. Here is a video I shot of the drive up to the Blue Hole:

Thanks, NightOne!

I remember seeing this (and your other video) before. This time, I paid closer attention to the road surface. ;)

Very helpful, thanks!

We'll be in Jamaica on June 2 as well...with that 70% chance of rain. My son spent a week in Jamaica last June, and said it rained every single day--but not all day! He said it'd break out raining for 45 min and then be done with it. When I told him the same forecast, he shook his head & said he wasn't the least bit worried. (I sure as heck hope not...we have booked the day at an AI resort for beach time & adult beverages! ;) )

We'll be in Jamaica on June 2 as well...with that 70% chance of rain. My son spent a week in Jamaica last June, and said it rained every single day--but not all day! He said it'd break out raining for 45 min and then be done with it. When I told him the same forecast, he shook his head & said he wasn't the least bit worried. (I sure as heck hope not...we have booked the day at an AI resort for beach time & adult beverages! ;) )

That's what we were hoping when we saw the forecast!

Thanks! Here's hoping that's the way it turns out on both days!

There is also a chance it may not rain exactly where you are at. When I was there in mid-March I never saw a drop of rain the whole day. However, I was talking with people on the ship later that evening and they said it rained where they were at. Also, I was all of the place and not in one spot the whole day.