Dream 3 day

old man 1010

Booked on the Dream for a 3 day cruise. Taking all the kids and grandkids. But would like to know what the lounge times are for drinks?? Have 5:45 dinner times so is it open for per dinner drinks? Somewhere I believe I read that it has a another drink period 7? 8?

Also if you broad early say 11:30 does anyone know if you can get in your room? We have a concierge level room....If not is there a place to go eat? assume the pools would be open?

Booked on the Dream for a 3 day cruise. Taking all the kids and grandkids. But would like to know what the lounge times are for drinks?? Have 5:45 dinner times so is it open for per dinner drinks? Somewhere I believe I read that it has a another drink period 7? 8?

Also if you broad early say 11:30 does anyone know if you can get in your room? We have a concierge level room....If not is there a place to go eat? assume the pools would be open?

Once the lounge/bars are open, they are pretty much open all day. You can look up past cruise Navigators (with operating hours) here:

http://disneycruiselineblog.com/personal-navigators/

Rooms are not ready until 1:30. For Concierge, I believe, there is a Concierge Lounge where you can drop your bags until that time.

Cabanas, as well as Enchanted Garden, are open for lunch on embarkation day. And the quick serve food spots on the pool deck are also open.

Concierge rooms are often open earlier than standard cabins, but as above, you can drop your stuff in the concierge lounge and it will be watched.

You can get a snack in the concierge lounge or a real lunch in Enchanted Garden or Cabanas..and fast food options by the pool. All are open basically when boarding starts. Most concierge guests go to the lounge first where they meet with the concierge team and review any reservations or plans that they have and book any additional that they want. Then head for lunch.

There are usually 2 "happy hour" times in the concierge lounge--one before each dinner seating. And obviously there are paid beverages available all over the ship all the time.

Pools are open as soon as boarding begins. You can wear a swimsuit under your clothes or place them in a carry on and change in a rest room before your cabin is ready.

thanks for your input really helps.

Appreciate any recommendations or suggestions on transportation from Dream to MCO. Have 15 to get back to airport. And timing we have a 1 PM flight out of MCO assume shuttle pickup at 10AM would work?? reasonable priced services that are dependable....Other questions are there standard departing times for shuttles going to MCO?

thanks for your input really helps.

Appreciate any recommendations or suggestions on transportation from Dream to MCO. Have 15 to get back to airport. And timing we have a 1 PM flight out of MCO assume shuttle pickup at 10AM would work?? reasonable priced services that are dependable....Other questions are there standard departing times for shuttles going to MCO?

If you're asking about the DCL transportation, it starts when the ship starts debarking their passengers. As the busses fill, they depart for MCO. No set schedule. The DCL transfers cost $35.00 per person.

For 15 people, you'll do a lot better cost wise to use a private limo service. They will come at the time you specify. The only downside is that IF you are on a participating airline, the on board check in is lovely--you get your boarding passes and luggage tags in your cabin. Place the tags on the bags and place them outside your cabin on the last night at the appointed time and you next see them at your HOME airport. And since you already have boarding passes, you go directly to security. Problem is that to use this service, you must be on DCL transportation.

Private transportation, you still put your luggage out but you claim it in the terminal and go thru Customs and then to your vehicle. There are porters to help...but again, you'll have to check your luggage at the airport.

Reliable private companies are numerous. FL Tours, Happy Limo, RJ Shuttle, SOuthern Elegance, Tiffany, etc. Your vehicle choice is based on number of people and amount of luggage. Many companies will attach a luggage trailer for a large party such as you have. You can price them on their web sites or on the phone.

No, there are no "standard" times....DCL transportation will start departures about 7:30 am and run as each bus fills. Private will be there at the time you specify. However, you are asked to be off the ship by 9. I'd go with a 9:15 or 9:30 time to get your whole gang thru Customs and to your private vehicle.

Edited by moki'smommy

thank you for the very good information.. How or when do you book the DCL transportation? I have looked on line and only found it during booking the cruise. Doesn't seem to be a way to book on line after booking has been completed?? Call DCL?? Not having to deal with the bags for my group may be a good investment!

Also first I heard about having to be off the ship by 9?? Does that go for all cabin classes Concierge level? or 1 bed rooms? regular? we have a mix.

You can add DCL transfers at any time by calling DCL. Your travel agent will have to do this if you used one. Also, when you have your flight arrangements, let them know that you want to use ON BOARD AIRLINE CHECK IN. However, to do this you must be on a participating airline to do this. Shoreside concierge can take care of this for

you as can any regular DCL shoreside CM.

All guests are asked to be off the ship by 9. At about 9:15 they start doing the "sweep," politely but firmly steering any remaining guests toward the big doors. THey have to start getting rooms ready for other guests. Concierge guests can remain in their cabins until 9 am, regular cabins must vacate by 8 (but can stay on the ship till 9). Concierge guests can get a continental breakfast from room service on the last morning; those in normal cabins end room service at 1 am on the last night. You will also have a breakfast seating assigned based on your last night dinner seating. If this is not satisfactory, you can ask the head server whether you can change to the other time OR eat at Cabanas. Food service stops PROMPTLY at 8:30. Again, you do not have to leave the dining room or Cabanas at that time, but the food is taken off the buffet line. The last bus to the airport will depart as soon as they have confirmed that all guests have cleared Customs...this is typically about 9:45.

They won't throw you off is you are standing in line at Guest Services. You'll never have to do this as you are concierge, but occasionally guests in regular cabins have last minute issues that need to be resolved...so just to be complete, I've added this.

Edited by moki'smommy