Water Sports on Orient Beach

lktomkies

Hello- My husband and I visitied Orient Beach about 13 years ago. We are going back in November (sailing on Jewel of the Seas) with our 4 children. We would like to take them to Orient, because we remember what a beautiful beach it was.

Could someone tell me what watersports are available there? Wave runners, parasailing? Prices? What about 16 year old driving a wave runner? Age restrictions?

Thanks for the info!

We were there in June. They have waverunner, parasailing, water trampoline, hair braiding. bananna boats. I'm not totally sure but I think we paid around 45.00 for a 1/2 hour. And, no your teenager will not be told he cannot drive (insuranc reasons). The couple we were with got far enough out there and then switched...no one said anything about it.

Water tramp was $5.00 for the day and they give you a wrist band. They DO check to make sure those on it actually are wearing one. They were kicking people off that thing all day long.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, guys! That helps a lot. Water tramp sounds like a bargain at $5! Will probably keep my high-energy 7 year old son occupied all day! Now we just have to prepare the kids about the "sights" they may encounter! We've often told them the story of the 1st time we went to St. Martin. My husband and I were with my parents on a cruise. The four of us took a taxi to Orient, but for some reason, we were under the impression it was a "topless" beach, not a "nude" beach. When we stepped out of the cab, we were greeted by a very tall (at least 6' 4") man who was raking the beach area. He was wearing nothing but a hat and a smile! My jaw hit the ground, but I recovered quickly! We quickly settled into some chairs on the beach and had one of the best beach days ever! The kids love to hear that story!

Archived