River Tours from Falmouth (Tubing, Rafting, Etc.)

ws422

So...I'm considering a tubing / rafting / kayak tour for the next cruise (docking in Falmouth). It seems like many people consider the tubing too tame and have done tours where the tubes are tied together or you hold onto the tube next to you. What I'm curious about is whether this differs based on the river used for the tour, so if anybody could share their experience based on the river as well as well the tour company, that would be extremely helpful.

In researching tours, I've seen...

Rio Bueno - closest to Falmouth

White River

Chukka (not sure if this is a river or a tour company)

Any others??

So...I'm considering a tubing / rafting / kayak tour for the next cruise (docking in Falmouth). It seems like many people consider the tubing too tame and have done tours where the tubes are tied together or you hold onto the tube next to you. What I'm curious about is whether this differs based on the river used for the tour, so if anybody could share their experience based on the river as well as well the tour company, that would be extremely helpful.

In researching tours, I've seen...

Rio Bueno - closest to Falmouth

White River

Chukka (not sure if this is a river or a tour company)

Any others??

I haven't been yet but did a lot of research on this for my next trip to Jamaica.

I had the same concerns as you did PLUS I didn't want to wear a helmet and life vest as I am a strong swimmer. My finding was that the company and river mattered. I plan to have my guide take me directly to:

Calypso Rafting

Here is a link to some photos here on Cruise Critic:

Start on post #146 http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2179405&page=4

Also, see my post (and watch linked videos) in that thread where I link to videos of Calypso and ask the review poster to confirm if that is the same place they went. That post here (#175):

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=46422258&postcount=175

When we did the combined tour of river tubing and zip line after docking on the Allure at Falmouth.

The zip line you had to wear a helmet and closed toe shoes or you were not permitted to do this part.

When we did the river tubing they tethered us together in groups of 3-4 or 5, (families were together), there were a couple of 2's. for couples, and yes they made us wear a life vest that was awkward, the water was slow and only one small section of mild mini rapids that was benign.

Nice tour, but too much waiting around to get going.

Probably and only will do the zip lining in the future.

Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...