Value of drink package if you are in a suite

OP - as others have said, totally worth it if your vacation drinks are going to average 7 or more per day outside of the lounge hours. Also - the lounge is just a basic set up. No frozens, no premiums, no fancy schmancy mixed drinks. We go back and forth on doing the package depending on itinerary and if we cruise with friends. We are more laid back on our own so drink a lot less. :D On our upcoming Oasis in a suite, we are doing the drink package because we will be with friends and Labadee is one of the ports.

We were in a suite and are D+ on our last FOS cruise. I purchased the ultimate drink package and absolutely loved it and will most likely do it again. With the UP you always were given top shelf in the bars, I stipulate " bars" because top shelf is not available in the CL. Because of having the UP, coke, water, and coffee package was part of the deal. The UP was taken at all dining venues and was graciously honored. So if you consider all items and not only the alcohol it can be a good deal. I loved trying new drinks, and getting top shelf. I tipped a dollar a bar drink so I could monitor if it was worth it. I considered the pool drinks, the good wine at dinner, the water, the speciality coffees and then club drinks at night it is a good value. I am by no means a heavy drinker but do appreciate the freedom and ease to do what I want all cruise no questions asked and enjoy quality products. I did't have any problems getting waited on, just the opposite it was respected I had the UP package and felt I got better service because of it.

Just a couple things. The spirits available are the same on both the ultimate and premium packages, none I would call top shelf. The real top shelf items, if they are even available, will be extra. There was a frustrating lack of better spirits on my last cruise. That being said, you can get better spirits than the well spirits they normally use.

One other point is that if you want a better spirit, I found I usually needed to ask for it. I saw many people with the package ask for a screw driver and got well vodka and OJ. It is better to ask for a orange juice and Grey Goose specifically.

We (DH, DS, and me) purchased the drink package for our cruise.

Several reasons

1. I don't want to have to worry about the 'bar' bill at the end of cruise.

2. We drink quite a bit during vacations.

3. We want to try new drinks for fun. We could not do that pay as you go.

4. We have only 3 stops and Labadee where the drink packages are included.

5. Payment in advance means it is done well before we go so I am not waiting till onboard to purchase. Got BOGO on the drink packages which was great.

We are Diamond and in a suite but the drink package works for us.

Cheers! :D

On the Oasis, wine and beer were available in the suite lounge for free from 11a to 11p. Mixed drinks were available only in the evening. I'm glad we didn't get the drink package. I got plenty of free drinks in the lounge, and I paid for a few here and there in other venues. Two of us only spent about $100 in drinks for the whole week.

This reply is exactly what we found to be true on Oasis last November.

I don't like being tied to one place and a few hours a day. We are diamond and sometimes stay in a suite but like the freedom of the drink package.

It's never a slam dunk to do it for us. I do wonder if I have gotten our "money's worth" but it does make it less complicated when you get a bad drink or it gets watered down.