Veendam Alaska Sept 11

Tinknock50

Hi from Juneau!

The weather has been fantastic this week.....hardly any rain. Even ended up with the sun coming out in Ketchikan.

Did the Bear watching out of Ketchikan and got rain soaked at Traitors Cove. Saw signs of bears having eaten salmon on the shore but thats it.

Did enjoy the flight and the walk through the rainforest there.

Ovrall just enjoying seeing Alaska again and smelling that wonderful sea air.

The ship is in excellent condition and the service in the dining room and elsewhere has been fantastic! Crew very friendly.

Embarkation was very swift and w were on by 12:30. Went immmediately to our room and it was ready....got our bags soon after. Enjoying the nearby promenade walks everday.

more later....skagway and glacier Bay coming up!

Sean, it's great to see you post! You had said you'd try and I've been looking for it. Makes me anxious to get back next year.

Glad you're having a good time. Hope the weather is good for the rest of the cruise.

Have a good time.

Just back from the cruise. The Veendam is in excellent condition! Lots of new carpet. This ship had the best Dining service I have ever had. I am now a fan of 4 seating times. I asked a waiter how he liked it and he thought it was great. No long lines in the kitchen. This made for very speedy service.

I think if I were to say one highlight of the trip it would be in College Fjord. The mountains and glaciers were glowing with sunlight and were reflected in the calm water. Breathtaking!

Archived