SeaTac Security Checkpoint

kderr1

While browsing the SeaTac website the security page mentions that Security Checkpoint #1 is open Fri, Sat and Sun from 9 am to 1 pm for cruise passengers only. Has anyone used this checkpoint? Is it truly for cruise passengers and does it go any faster that then general security checkpoints?

While browsing the SeaTac website the security page mentions that Security Checkpoint #1 is open Fri, Sat and Sun from 9 am to 1 pm for cruise passengers only. Has anyone used this checkpoint? Is it truly for cruise passengers and does it go any faster that then general security checkpoints?

I assume you found that info at the Port of Seattle website. Do you think it would be posted there if it weren't just for cruise passengers?

I assume you found that info at the Port of Seattle website. Do you think it would be posted there if it weren't just for cruise passengers?

Thank you for your insightful comment. For your edification, since you want to be precise, no the information did not come from the Port of Seattle website, it came from the SEA-TAC Airport website, a "child node" of the "parent node" or "Home Page" for the Port of Seattle. It has its own website URL as does the Cruise site, Fisherman's Terminal and the Recreational Moorage.

Also, HOV lanes, NO passing lanes and No parking zone are so posted........do I need to go on.

But again, thank you for your insight.

Thank you for your insightful comment. For your edification, since you want to be precise, no the information did not come from the Port of Seattle website, it came from the SEA-TAC Airport website, a "child node" of the "parent node" or "Home Page" for the Port of Seattle. It has its own website URL as does the Cruise site, Fisherman's Terminal and the Recreational Moorage.

Also, HOV lanes, NO passing lanes and No parking zone are so posted........do I need to go on.

But again, thank you for your insight.

It is under The Port of Seattle website and does not have its own website as you say..

But relax, life is too short to get upset.

If anything, that line might be the longest ..... all the transfer buses and cruiseline buses drop their passengers in a parking area at the south end of the airport ,so they all walk thru those doors and approach that checkpoint .

I always recommend that people look at all the checkpoints and go to whichever one has the shortest line. People tend to 'herd' at an airport and gather in one line.

http://www.portseattle.org/Sea-Tac/Maps-and-Directions/Pages/Security-Checkpoints.aspx

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't see a specific "cruise only" security checkpoint when we were there last month day, but to be honest, it really was a non-issue. The airport was busy (it was Memorial Day weekend), but they had several checkpoints open and although the line looked long, it took us no more than 15 mins to get through security.