Has anyone ever switched rooms with someone?

We have several rooms booked for our party on the Dream in a few weeks. We just realized that life might be easier if four people switch rooms. We would be moving 2 from an o.v. room that holds 4 into an inside room that holds 2. And the two currently booked in the inside the ov. The number of people per room would be the same either way. Neither care about the price difference. Anyone ever requested this once onboard? I think we just need the correct names on the correct room key for account sake.

I have never personally done this, but I know people who have. It can be done at Guest Services after you board. All the people involved should go to Guest Services together and they can take care of making the changes and issuing new door keys/S&S cards.

...No problem, we do it all the time. Just go to Guest Services once you board, give them the Sail & Sign cards of the "switchees", and they will give you new cards that will open the correct "new" doors. ...Hope this helps...

We have several rooms booked for our party on the Dream in a few weeks. We just realized that life might be easier if four people switch rooms. We would be moving 2 from an o.v. room that holds 4 into an inside room that holds 2. And the two currently booked in the inside the ov. The number of people per room would be the same either way. Neither care about the price difference. Anyone ever requested this once onboard? I think we just need the correct names on the correct room key for account sake.

We did this to take advantage of Sr. rates, TX rates, past cruiser rates with family all sailing. once we all checked in and got ON THE SHIP, we went to guest services and took care of it there. People do this all the time. If you try to change anything before sailing they charge a fee, but if you do this once you are on board, no big deal. They are very professional and have been through this before. You have to get new sail and sign cards, but like I said, the guest service desk is very professional and have been through this before.

Yes. You can do this at the Guest Services desk. They usually just issue cabin key only cards for the other person to enter the cabin, and then they also keep the Sail and Sign card they already have. I have done it without problem.

We have done this before. When you get onboard everyone needs to go to Guest Services with their Sail and Sign Card and they can switch them for you. As someone else said, be sure that you put the luggage tags to the room that you will be moving too.

Yes, Guest Services can do this for you. Everyone switching needs to be present. You can also ask for extra room keys for each room in case you need those. We do this often with our kids. I always have a key to their room and vice versa.

Unless your trying to keep a certain rate (senior, past guest, etc) just cal Carnival and do it before you go. We have never been charged to just change names of people from one cabin to another. And we just did it.