Tortola- "Rebel Yell " shore excursion

horseymike

Hi Everyone,

We have booked the "escape to Jost Van Dyke on the Rebel Yell" shore excursion in Tortola. Any thoughts , comments or suggestions would be

greatly appreciated.:)

Not been on that excursion, but heard great reviews. Saw the Rebel Yell and her great crew last time in Tortola.

pixiedustdawn,

do you have a summary of your trips on the rebel yell and/or pictures?

would love to hear what you recommend.

thanks!

I stayed inside on the ride over and back over Easter sinc eit was a bit rainy and cool. Otherwise, if you are into the wind, sun and sea spray, stay outdoors.

Went straight to the beach and got loungers, not many. We also grabbed a hammock 2 the two times we were there. Very relaxing day. We got AT&T on the island of Tortola.

Don't forget they have a camera on the beach, so your family and friends can see you there. Sit by the table by the boat and smile for the camera.

Enjoy your day there.

Dawn

question - when you got off the cat into the water, how close to shore were you? I have someone with me and I'm trying to determine if she can handle it. Thanks!

It depends. Last week we landed in the sand. We were told that isn't always the case. Never deep waters though. And you get help with your things.

It depends. Last week we landed in the sand. We were told that isn't always the case. Never deep waters though. And you get help with your things.

awesome - that's helpful! I know they try to go as close as they can. She's a little unsteady on her feet, but she really wants to go there. Thank you!

awesome - that's helpful! I know they try to go as close as they can. She's a little unsteady on her feet, but she really wants to go there. Thank you!

The crew is so helpful. She will be fine. Enjoy :)

5 times I did it, it was the same, we got off in calf/knee deep water. I have heard as marazad16 has said, some had to swim to shore. /SIZE]

OMG! 5 times...I am jealous. :) After last week we are looking into staying there for a week! Paradise.

The NCL website shows it as a 5 and a half hours excursion. How long is the boat trip to the island?

It looks really nice, it's got me interested for our next cruise.

Thanks in advance for any help.

The NCL website shows it as a 5 and a half hours excursion. How long is the boat trip to the island?

It looks really nice, it's got me interested for our next cruise.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Boat ride is about 45 minutes each way, maybe a little longer.

question - when you got off the cat into the water, how close to shore were you? I have someone with me and I'm trying to determine if she can handle it. Thanks!

We did it once, and were dropped off in about 15 feet of water. It all depends on the when you arrive on how wet you are going to get going ashore.

Does the escape to Jost Van Dyke catamaran Rebel Yell pick you up from the cruise port or do you have to take a taxi to get to the catamaran?

we tendered in to port and the cat was there

I am considering doing this excursion. Are there enough beach chairs for everyone? How crowded does it get? I always see these extra boats on the webcam.

http://www.soggydollar.com/webcam.aspx

We did this last week. We took the 8:30A excursion. plenty of seats and loungers along the beach. Right now it is off season. Enjoy!