Tortola- "Rebel Yell " shore excursion

horseymike

We booked a private charter through Kuralu, and it was awesome. We got there before all the cruise ship excursions and got to stay later. We had a wondersul lunch on the sail back. Highly recommend, if you can get a group together to do it.

We booked a private charter through Kuralu, and it was awesome. We got there before all the cruise ship excursions and got to stay later. We had a wondersul lunch on the sail back. Highly recommend, if you can get a group together to do it.

We have used him also - excellent excursion - however if you are on one of NCL's short Tortola port times Kuralu will probably not work - this past November we were on a 7:30am to 2:30 pm :( - and went with Rebel Yell - it was the perfect excursion for the very limited time we had, we had a great time and I will also add a very caring & helpful crew for those that need assistance getting to shore or back on board.

If we were there for the whole day then Kuralu would have been our first choice - first rule is always match your excursion to your port time with room to spare - whatever you plan, it's a wonderful port of call :)

Hi, could you please let me know if you recall what time they both started and about how far one could book in advance if you know, thanks!

For our November 2015 port day there was only 1 trip - we were to meet Rebel Yell right at a dock next to where the Breakaway was docked - our tickets said immediately after ship docked and I reconfirmed that with the shore excursion desk. It could be that the excursion has become so popular that they are now running two trips. All the better.

We were unable to book this excursion online. Do you think they hold openings for this excursion at the ship excursion desk? Thanks

It books up super fast. They may put another tour on closer to your sail date, keep watching for it. That is what happened to us. :)

I think there was a 7:30 am and ours was at 9:00 am. I think ours ended around 1:00 and the 7:30 around 11:00 am.

This is nowhere near the stated 5.5 hours stated in the excursion info. It should work out to something like 4 hours on JVD with 45 minutes by cat each way for a total of 5.5 hours. Or are you just talking about the time you spent on JVD?

We have used him also - excellent excursion - however if you are on one of NCL's short Tortola port times Kuralu will probably not work - this past November we were on a 7:30am to 2:30 pm :( - and went with Rebel Yell - it was the perfect excursion for the very limited time we had, we had a great time and I will also add a very caring & helpful crew for those that need assistance getting to shore or back on board.

If we were there for the whole day then Kuralu would have been our first choice - first rule is always match your excursion to your port time with room to spare - whatever you plan, it's a wonderful port of call :)

We actually chartered the Kuralu in May, with the same short port time in Tortola. It worked out great!

This is nowhere near the stated 5.5 hours stated in the excursion info. It should work out to something like 4 hours on JVD with 45 minutes by cat each way for a total of 5.5 hours. Or are you just talking about the time you spent on JVD?

They picked us up at the dock at 9:00 am and then they corralled is up about 1:00 pm to head back. I'm not sure what time we actually got back to the ship.

Thanks all this is good info- so it seems they count the time from when you gather to when you get back and pad it a little, but it still sounds excellent and I had never even heard of Joost Van Dyke before last weekend- I'll likely book the earliest excursion. Seems great-

Of course its like 5 hours away from the UDP though lol