In the dining room on Pride of America. . .

jenmouse

I looked through several pages of posts, and didn't see one regarding this. If I missed it, I am sorry.

We are sailing on Pride of America this summer, and I was looking at the dress code for dinner. Based on what I am reading, it looks like for Liberty and Le Bistro, the requirements are what we are used to for the more casual nights on Royal Caribbean - khakis and collared shirts for the guys, skirts or slacks for the ladies.

Other than those two restaraunts, they say that shorts are okay at dinner. There are a few people in our party who will want to take advantage of that; my question is, is a t-shirt okay with the shorts, or should I have them put on a nicer top?

We always dress to code on our cruises, including tuxes for the guys on formal nights, so this is outside of my experience. We plan to eat in Skyline every night, except for one night when we have reserved Teppanyaki.

P.S. - I am not trying to start another debate over proper dress for the dining room, I just honestly want to know if they will feel comfortable in t-shirts or not. They would like to be casual if they are able to, but they don't want to look scrubby compared to other people.

Unless you have to host a wedding in Hawaii to go to, leave the tux at home for sure & you will travel much lighter. It's aloha, Hawaii and you are going there in the summer - sunny & nice in the 80's every day of the week.

-

Yes, t-shirts & shorts in the buffet and other dining rooms are going to be fine for dinner, except those 2 above. It will be an ideal time to pickup some colorful Hawaii shirts to pair up with some cool & neat casual pants (combined with shorts for mix-n-match for the other dining venue) - you can wear those in all the restaurant, including LeBistro at dinner time. If the men are worried, pack 2 polo shirts with collars & they will be set for the entire week - not even the wait team would noticed you are wearing the same outfit several days go (... only 2 of our twin nieces who spotted them in our photo collection :D)

It's a port-intensive sailing itinerary, you will be off the ship early as in 7:30 or 8 AM and might not be back until late for dinner, especially for Maui & the Big Island. Mahalo !

We are used to recycling outfits - with four of us in our family, there is no way we are packing enough clothes for a new outfit every day! We usually end up getting some laundry done on the ship, anyway.

Thanks for the reassurance. I am a stickler when it comes to dressing/behaving appropriately. I don't want to be "those people" that you read about on the boards! :rolleyes: I will tell everyone that their t-shirts are fine. :)