This will be my second cruise on RCC... Need some help

We actually went to Bermuda on our honeymoon on The Grandeur of the Seas several years ago. It was a trip from you know where.... Our room didnt get below 80 degrees the entire time (staff couldnt understand why we were complaining... fellow cruisers had rooms that you could hang meat in), My wife got sea sick as we had a hurricane in the vast area making the ride pretty bumpy, and i got food poisoned from the solarium hamburgers... thus i was out of commission for a day or so.

My questions are these. Are the rooms generally this hot on the RCC ships? We have been on 6-7 carnival cruises and have had no issues whatsoever. We really want to like RCC better and want to travel with them, however that initial trip was a nightmare and it was the first impression.

We are giving them another chance at the end of this month on the enchantment going to the bahamas.... What do you fine folks think?

Our opinion is that the staterooms tend to run warm. We have tried to have maintenance "fix" the temperature, but they always tell us everything is fine. Two different chief engineers have told me that they use more fuel for A/C than they do for propulsion, so I suspect the warmer temps in the staterooms are a corporate mandated cost saving measure.

Edited by clarea

Personally I haven't found that problem. I have been in Central Park on my three cruises (Allure/Allure/Oasis), if that makes a difference. I had not trouble cooling my cabin though, and at times I had it so cool that the g/f asked me to turn up the heat.

I have the complete opposite problem regarding temperatures. I always bring an use a light sweater for evening activities. It is always chilly in dining room and theaters. I think I must have this blood as most folks saying that it's too warm.

I don't know why there is a difference, but I agree with you. Carnival seems to run cooler in the rooms. On my last cruise, I noticed that when in port, during the day, the room didn't stay as cool as I had set the thermostat. Sailing at night, cold as I could dial it down.

Now, not 80 degrees, but like 74, still too stuffy for me. So I can't explain it. I can simply add that we have experienced it too. This was an inside cabin on royal, and a balcony on carnival... with the door opening and closing... so go figure. But 80 degrees, no... thats miserable:(