Need suggestions for Sea food restuarant near Embassy Suites FLL

Lionesss

To those familiar with FLL.

Staying Friday before our cruise at the Embassy suites.

Looking at some of the restuarants and see that BIMINI Boatyard is in walking distance to the hotel.

Is this restuarant a good choice?

We want to enjoy good seafood, but not looking for the five star experience. We are casual people however want more than just ripping apart crab legs.

Looking at something like-surf and turf, or shrimp alfredo.

-Any suggestions for a nice restuarant with in walking distance or even one that is on the water taxi route?

-Also should we make reservations?

Thanks

I would recommend the South Port Raw Bar, good food and friendly staff, it is not fine dining, little on the rustic side, but well worth a visit, also I would ask for outside table.

Bimini Boatyard is much nicer than the other restaurants mentioned, yet still casual (smarter casual or resort wear). And yes, it's walking distance to Embassy. Sometimes the food and service is better than other times. It's not a chain so it's not always consistent, which I think accounts for the inconsistent reviews, but I've never had a bad meal there. For lunch I like the Diane salad and for dinner I like the snapper Viequez. I don't eat steak or shellfish, so I can't tell you if it's good there.

In this order these are my favorites:

Kellys Landing

Bimini Boatyard

Southport Raw Bar

For me eating at Bimini Boatyard is all about the experience. It is about being outside and eating outside in a beautiful setting. It really is nice.

Kellys has the best food.

Another vote for Southport Raw Bar

We want to enjoy good seafood, but not looking for the five star experience. We are casual people however want more than just ripping apart crab legs.

This is the perfect description of the place. I recommend sitting out on the back dock.

• 1 month later...
In this order these are my favorites:

Kellys Landing

Bimini Boatyard

Southport Raw Bar

For me eating at Bimini Boatyard is all about the experience. It is about being outside and eating outside in a beautiful setting. It really is nice.

Kellys has the best food.

Would you know if any of them serve peel and eat shrimp? [emoji494]

Would you know if any of them serve peel and eat shrimp? [emoji494]

I'm not sure about Kelly's because I always get either lobster, the lobster roll, or fried oysters.

Southport has peel and eat and so does Quarterdeck across the street (across Cordova not 17th Street).

Bimini Boatyard is closed until mid November and I have no idea what their new menu is going to look like.

I'm not sure about Kelly's because I always get either lobster, the lobster roll, or fried oysters.

Southport has peel and eat and so does Quarterdeck across the street (across Cordova not 17th Street).

Bimini Boatyard is closed until mid November and I have no idea what their new menu is going to look like.

Thanks for the info. A friend of mine and her boyfriend will be in FLL for an October cruise, and she wants peel and eat shrimp. I've been trying to track down some locations for her. [emoji4]

• 1 month later...
Thanks for the info. A friend of mine and her boyfriend will be in FLL for an October cruise, and she wants peel and eat shrimp. I've been trying to track down some locations for her. [emoji4]

15th street Fisheries has peel and eat shrimp as a starter....

To those familiar with FLL.

Staying Friday before our cruise at the Embassy suites.

Looking at some of the restuarants and see that BIMINI Boatyard is in walking distance to the hotel.

Is this restuarant a good choice?

Looking at something like-surf and turf, or shrimp alfredo.

-Any suggestions for a nice restuarant with in walking distance or even one that is on the water taxi route?

-Also should we make reservations?

Thanks

Have you looked at 15th street Fisheries..it is about a 15-20 min casual walk from Embassy suites go up Cordova to 15th street, go right and take it down to the end. www.15streetfisheries.com