Few Questions About Conquest

sc4125

I will be on the Conquest in July and had a few questions concerning the aft pool (adult pool area) and the outside area of Deck 3.

I am a smoker (I know, I know) and I understand that the smoking area on Deck 9 is starboard midship & aft. Can someone tell me what the smoking area is like in this location? Is it basically like the mid ship area - tables & chairs under the overhang?

Do they have tables with umbrellas at the aft pool (smoking or non-smoking area)? I will be with someone who can't take much direct sun, but loves to sit by the pool.

Also, is there a bar by the aft pool? I will be purchasing the Cheers Package this time, and plan to use it alot while laying by the pool. I know waiters come around, but many times I'd rather just go to the bar & order.

And what's the open promenade area on Deck 3 like? Again, are there chairs & tables here - loungers?

I haven't been able to find pictures of these areas and am curious.

Thanks all.

Shirley

We were on the Conquest in October 2014. The aft pool area has tables and chairs in the shade and also some loungers may be in shade depending on time of day. There is a bar in this area along with the pizza place and restrooms.

Deck three outside area has loungers set up sometimes - but they were not always out there - not sure of the schedule of when they set up and put up these. It has shade and one of the doors that go out to this deck is right by the Atrium bar. Very convenient to grab a drink at the Atrium bar on go out and relax on deck 3. It was never crowded out there for us.

I will be on the Conquest in July and had a few questions concerning the aft pool (adult pool area) and the outside area of Deck 3.

I am a smoker (I know, I know) and I understand that the smoking area on Deck 9 is starboard midship & aft. Can someone tell me what the smoking area is like in this location? Is it basically like the mid ship area - tables & chairs under the overhang?

Do they have tables with umbrellas at the aft pool (smoking or non-smoking area)? I will be with someone who can't take much direct sun, but loves to sit by the pool.

Also, is there a bar by the aft pool? I will be purchasing the Cheers Package this time, and plan to use it alot while laying by the pool. I know waiters come around, but many times I'd rather just go to the bar & order.

And what's the open promenade area on Deck 3 like? Again, are there chairs & tables here - loungers?

Thanks all.

Shirley

Yes, it is the midship area just past the forward wind break under the overhang. There are chairs and tables and a few couches. (I don't smoke but I walked past this area several times. Oh, and it smells like smoke :(

Thanks for the replies.

I was on the Breeze a few times recently, and I loved the aft pool area - quite a few tables with umbrellas - very nice.

The smoking areas were also nice - padded chairs & couches. I don't smoke THAT much, but now that you can't smoke on the balconies, I found myself spending more time than usual in the smoking areas. And, like most smokers, when you're drinking you tend to smoke more - Hey it's a vacation, right?

Yes, it is the midship area just past the forward wind break under the overhang. There are chairs and tables and a few couches. (I don't smoke but I walked past this area several times. Oh, and it smells like smoke :(

I was on the Conquest 4 weeks ago... I am not sure of smoking in the aft section of deck 9, but I know there was no smoking area on deck 9 midships. The smoking area is on deck 10, starboard, from midships to the aft. There is some shaded areas there but not a whole lot.

We sailed her in February and had a blast.

Actually, the smoking area on Conquest was on the aft and mid ship starboard sides of deck 10. There were cushy chairs and umbrellas available, but they filled up quickly.

There were plenty of chairs and tables under the overhangs at the aft pool. No umbrellas, though, as it was not a very big area. There was also no smoking allowed in that area at all.

There was definitely a bar at the aft pool. :D

There were no tables nor chairs anywhere on deck 3. But there were a few secured benches spread throughout.

Thanks all.

Shirley

Have a great cruise.

I was on the Conquest 4 weeks ago... I am not sure of smoking in the aft section of deck 9, but I know there was no smoking area on deck 9 midships. The smoking area is on deck 10, starboard, from midships to the aft. There is some shaded areas there but not a whole lot.

whoops! they are right! It was deck ten! SORRY!

Have a great cruise.

Thank you so much - I really appreciate the time you took to answer all my questions. I'm looking forward to the Conquest - haven't been on her & most of what I hear is positive. Of course there's always a few reviews that trash the ship - but their complaints weren't anything that would bug me - I'm pretty easy to please, especially when I'm cruising.

Thank you so much - I really appreciate the time you took to answer all my questions. I'm looking forward to the Conquest - haven't been on her & most of what I hear is positive. Of course there's always a few reviews that trash the ship - but their complaints weren't anything that would bug me - I'm pretty easy to please, especially when I'm cruising.

You are most welcome. I'm happy to answer any questions you have.

People always find something to complain about. I remember after we booked Victory in 2004, we read a review that said the balcony door hinges were rusty (duh, ship sails in the salt-water ocean), the carpet was stained (I accidentally spilled a little coffee when the ship lurched. It happens.), the elevators were scratched (Yeah, that's a deal breaker for sure. :rolleyes:).

Yes, Conquest is an older ship. Does she show wear and tear? Sure, but she was spotless when we sailed her. Every day we saw crew members scrubbing every surface. A few cracked tiles here or some rust there didn't hinder our enjoyment at all. The crew, BTW, was amazing!

Just off the Conquest and had a great cruise. You can also smoke in Vincents lounge which is very convenient to other activities on the promenade level. And there is so much shade with tables around the aft pool, and we never had an issue finding a spot.