Question About Flights To Tahiti

julybride

I tried booking my own air but found that Princess always gave me a better rate, even with the air deviation fee of $75 pp. If you had frequent flyer miles with American, Air Tahiti Nui will honor those and maybe you would beat Princess.?

tsb2

It takes 75,000 American Advantage miles per coach ticket from LAX , not sure how much from JFK. I just did it for my TP sailing 4/19/05. In fact, I made a reservation, had it ticketed (AA issues you paper tickets) and then changed dates and there was no service charge for the change. I was able to also get my seat assignment at this time. I flew ATN May 2004, the aircraft configuration is 2-4-2 in coach. It wasn't that bad in coach, more legroom than on some planes I have been on for 7 + hrs. Food- ok, nothing to write home about. Each seat has each own TV monitor to watch movies or play games, does help pass the time.

• 1 month later...
It takes 75,000 American Advantage miles per coach ticket from LAX , not sure how much from JFK. I just did it for my TP sailing 4/19/05. In fact, I made a reservation, had it ticketed (AA issues you paper tickets) and then changed dates and there was no service charge for the change. I was able to also get my seat assignment at this time. I flew ATN May 2004, the aircraft configuration is 2-4-2 in coach. It wasn't that bad in coach, more legroom than on some planes I have been on for 7 + hrs. Food- ok, nothing to write home about. Each seat has each own TV monitor to watch movies or play games, does help pass the time.

We have paid for a deviation for our ATN flight and I am wondering if they allow you to pre book your seats?

We are doing the Tahiti-Hawaii in August 06. We paid the deviation to go 3 days early. I emailed ATN re: seat assignments. They called me on the phone within a couple of days to tell me my seat assignments.

I'll still check again as we get closer to the flight... just in case.

Archived