Star Princess Questions

c001232

Hi everyone,

My family and I are on the Star Princess 11/13/05. I have sailed the Golden Princess about three years ago and Celebrity Millennium two years ago and loved both cruises. Both ships had wonderful things about them that made the cruise especially memorable. For the Golden, it was the yummy desserts, especially the souffle's and the design of the ship itself. There were so many times when it felt like we were the only one's on the ship. For Millennium, the two things that stuck out were eating fresh-baked croissants and pastries for breakfast on the balcony and in the evening, sitting in one of the lounges listening to beautiful music from the string quartet. I am assuming that Star will have the same yummy desserts and I think it is laid out like the Golden. However, does anyone know if the Star has a string quartet or what type of musicians are on board? Good music makes the cruise so much better. As well, anyone have any comments on the breakfast pastry's and croissants you can order through room service on the Star? Thanks!!

Don't know if they have one for your cruise but, on our transatlantic cruise last May they had a great string quartet as well as a variety of other musicians playing a wide variety music. Thoroughly enjoyed our 15 days on the Star. My wife, who is scooter bound, was treated like royalty. Enjoy.

The Star is the same design as the Golden. So, you should love her.

You will have several musical choices on the Star. They usually have the string quartet playing in the Atrium. Other bands & singers will play in the lounges & on deck.

The desserts are always lovely. They offer souffles several nights.

I have not had room service breakfast in some time. But, they do freshly bake everything on board.

Enjoy your cruise!

I ditto what has been said about the music in the atrium and I really believe you will enjoy it. The desserts in the dining room will be as "yummy" as those you had on the Golden. Pastries from room service are nothing out of the ordinary but I suggest you make a trip down to the Lobby Bar on the Plaza deck to try their selection of morning pastries (they are "yummy" too) and a wide variety of cookies in the afternoon. They have them set out in a display case and you just help yourself. Feel free to take them back to your room to enjoy with whatever else you order from room service.

We were on the Caribbean Princess in January and were hoping to hear a string quartet but never did. Did we just miss it? If they have one on the Star (we will be on the Star this coming Jan.) when would a string quartet be most likely to play....in the evening or could it be any time throughout the day?

Thanks!

Archived