Drink package

mikeydoo

You still pay for the first day even if you don't buy it till the second day. If it's a 7 day cruise you pay for all 7 days. Doesn't matter if you buy first or second day, carnivals just giving people plenty of time to purchase the card and first time cruisers to hear about it if they haven't. I think I'm correct on this.

I totally disagree with what you are posting. My husband and I purchased Cheers on day 2 on Liberty and we were billed from day 2 on. Our drinks that we purchased on day 1 were at the regular price and had nothing to do with Cheers at all.

We felt we didn't need it on day 1 as we had dinner at the SteakHouse so had a free bottle of wine and only had a couple of drinks on day 1. I just wish that the price would go down again, but I know that isn't going to happen.

I do know that last year on the Ecstasy, I got Cheers as soon as I got on the ship, that any drink I had a tax was charged to our account until we reach international waters. I only remember this because my bill has a lot of .15 .13 charges...

My understanding is that if a bottle of unopened booze is confiscated from your checked luggage it is set aside and returned to you at the end of the cruise. Is this policy changing as of July 1st...whereas the confiscated booze WILL NOT be returned to you?

that is correct. it will not be returned to you after July 1st