Drink package

mikeydoo

Hi. Does carnival have an inclusive drink package? I am getting conflicting stories and I don't see it on their website. I was told it was $49.50 plus tax per person per day.

It is not plus tax, its plus 15% tip per day .. there is no tax on the cheers beverage program...

If you drink an average of 5/6 drinks a day it's well worth it...and let's be honest, who can't drink 5/6 drinks a day.....pool, lobby, dinner and a show or two. YEAH CHEERS card, just wish it was a bit cheaper on cruises that are over 8 days...but that's just me. [emoji485][emoji483][emoji484][emoji481][emoji482]

It is not plus tax, its plus 15% tip per day .. there is no tax on the cheers beverage program...

There is tax charged, per drink, when purchased in ports that require it.

To clarify on what volmoma said a couple posts up - you'd need to be able to drink 5-6 of the fancier drinks that are between $8.50 and $10 or so in order to break even / come out slightly ahead. If all you drink is beer, it's more like 8-9 per day.

Hi. Does carnival have an inclusive drink package? I am getting conflicting stories and I don't see it on their website. I was told it was $49.50 plus tax per person per day.

to add to what others have said above (which is correct - no tax on the package, yes +15% gratuity) also be aware it is not 'all inclusive drink package'.

it is 15 alcoholic drinks per day, valued at $10 or less (which IS most everything)... plus unlimited soda, or non-alcoholic frozen drinks (like a virgin strawberry dacquiri, etc.)...

it does not include water, coffee, etc. and the 15 drink limit is a hard cut-off, if you reach the limit they will not even sell you another after you reach the cut-off.

those details make it a little different than the 'all inclusive packages' on other cruise lines, so just offering so you know what to expect.

here's the faq with all the cheers details:

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1106/kw/cheers

If you drink mix drinks and the cost if less than $9.00, ask for top shelf to be mixed instead. That adds an additional $1.00 to cost of the drink but still below the $10.00 cost per drink max. Hopefully this hasn't changed since my last cruise.

If you drink mix drinks and the cost if less than $9.00, ask for top shelf to be mixed instead. That adds an additional $1.00 to cost of the drink but still below the $10.00 cost per drink max. Hopefully this hasn't changed since my last cruise.

yes, that still works. even at alchemy bar, where drinks are 8.95, add the 1.00 and you squeak in at 9.95, just below the 10.00 limit. that's the best 'bang for the buck' drink with cheers if looking to maximize the value :)

There is tax charged, per drink, when purchased in ports that require it.

Yes, there is a tax on drinks until you reach international waters, but that has nothing to do with the cheers program. Everyone pays that tax when they order a drink regardless of whether you purchased the cheers program or just buy your drinks individually.

So here is my question: if you leave from New York you can't purchase until you are in international waters, which is probably around 6PM. If you purchase drinks before it will be charged to your sail and sign card. Will those be credited once you buy the Cheers, If not can you buy the package on day 2?

Do people still tip the bartenders or waiters or does the 15% cover it. I don't want to feel uncomfortable! Lol

I usually tipped an extra 50 cents - 1 dollar for each drink I got on the Cheers program. But, there's no need to feel obligated to!

So here is my question: if you leave from New York you can't purchase until you are in international waters, which is probably around 6PM. If you purchase drinks before it will be charged to your sail and sign card. Will those be credited once you buy the Cheers, If not can you buy the package on day 2?

You can use it. You just get charged NY state sales tax till you are in international waters.

You can buy cheers on embankment day or the first full day of sailing. We usually wait til the next day because we don't feel like we get our Money's worth if we don't get to start drinking til later in the day on the day we set sail.

Edited by Halfpint012

Can you put the tip for the cheers drinks on the sail and sign card or must you use cash

whatever extra tip amount you write in the "Tip" line on the receipt, goes as a charge right onto your S&S card :)

You can buy cheers on embankment day or the first full day of sailing. We usually wait til the next day because we don't feel like we get our Money's worth if wedding get to start drinking til layerin the day on the day we set sail.

You still pay for the first day even if you don't buy it till the second day. If it's a 7 day cruise you pay for all 7 days. Doesn't matter if you buy first or second day, carnivals just giving people plenty of time to purchase the card and first time cruisers to hear about it if they haven't. I think I'm correct on this.

You still pay for the first day even if you don't buy it till the second day. If it's a 7 day cruise you pay for all 7 days. Doesn't matter if you buy first or second day, carnivals just giving people plenty of time to purchase the card and first time cruisers to hear about it if they haven't. I think I'm correct on this.

Almost positive this isn't the case... at least it wasn't back in October when I sailed the Liberty.

Maybe it's different on different ships but we've never paid for the first day when we've bought the package on day 2

My understanding is that if a bottle of unopened booze is confiscated from your checked luggage it is set aside and returned to you at the end of the cruise. Is this policy changing as of July 1st...whereas the confiscated booze WILL NOT be returned to you?