Laundry optoins on NCL Jade?

bookworm61

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to pack a reasonable amount of clothes for 8 days in hot weather while not having access to washing machine. I know I could send out laundry by the piece at a high price, but I would rather not do that. Is there a mid-week laundry bag offer or the option to prepay for unlimited laundry? (That was a welcome option on a recent HAL cruise.) I'm ok with hand washing a few delicates, but I don't think I could really wash pants/shirts etc.

Thanks!!

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out how to pack a reasonable amount of clothes for 8 days in hot weather while not having access to washing machine. I know I could send out laundry by the piece at a high price, but I would rather not do that. Is there a mid-week laundry bag offer or the option to prepay for unlimited laundry? (That was a welcome option on a recent HAL cruise.) I'm ok with hand washing a few delicates, but I don't think I could really wash pants/shirts etc.

Thanks!!

There is almost always a bag of laundry special that you could take advantage of. That should help you out.

Hello,

Thanks!!

On our 7 day cruise on Jewel this past April there a mid-week bag special that we used. I would think that would also be true for your cruise. So you'd have clean clothes for at least your last 3 or 4 days.

Edited by NMLady

Thanks all! Midweek laundry special would be great, but I guess I can't count on it.:)

I think you can count on it. It's been offered on every cruise I've been on. Only used it once though. Not having to pack "formal" clothes lessens the packing load.

Yes, it's more a question of when it's offered/when the clothes come back. I would need them back midweek to make a difference.

I agree about the formal clothes too. What is the dress code for the Main Dining Rooms usually on the formal nights? I am hoping to go more on the casual side, mostly for the packing reasons.

Yes, it's more a question of when it's offered/when the clothes come back. I would need them back midweek to make a difference.

I agree about the formal clothes too. What is the dress code for the Main Dining Rooms usually on the formal nights? I am hoping to go more on the casual side, mostly for the packing reasons.

Usually if bag day is Wed. the clothes will be returned Fri.

MDR attire, shorts in the less formal (Midship) dining room, pants(denim is fine) and a polo shirt for the more formal aft MDR. This is the MINIMUM standard.

Just off the Jàde and as I recall it was offered Tuesday , due back Thursday pm ..we received our laundry back Thursday am it was $20 per bag ..you do go thru a lot of clothing changes in the hot weather. We did sink Laundry daily and hung it out on her balcony chairs ...

Our recent experience on the Jade was laundry bag offered on Each Tuesday with a return of folded clothing in a basket on Thursday evenings. $24.95 per bag and well worth it each week. The first week I didn't see the itemization list so it was sent back for me to itemize but they still honored bag special and returned items on Thursday. I used a tip found on cc. Take your pillow case and place it in the bag. Then stuff the bag as full as possible. The pillow case will prevent bag from ripping. I just used a pillow case from the bed and room steward replaced case when making bed.

No self-service laundry on any NCL ships.

I think they have the laundry bag all the time, but that the "special" is just a price reduction.

The bag special is only weekly, the day the ship chooses, usually midweek.

Otherwise items are priced individually, very expensive.