MITSUGIRLYS DAWN TO BERMUDA NOVEL (or review as some may call it)

mitsugirly

Thanks so very much for this info!!!

You are very welcome. I know there's a thread somewhere on this board that talks about walking there, the streets and scenery and how long it takes to get there. If you do a search, it might come up. I researched it back when we decided to go to the St George area. It might be a little more helpful. :)

I hope you enjoy the sideways cabins as much as we did. They may be the same size but they seem a lot bigger because of the layout. The cabins on deck 9 will probably have different (older) interiors, which is usually the same colored "wood" as the regular cabins and not like the newer ones we stayed in this time (with the dark wood). But it should still be nice. Have a great cruise!

Do you know what decks have the newer colored wood in them? I know the deck yours did but any other additional decks for inside cabins?

Do you know what decks have the newer colored wood in them? I know the deck yours did but any other additional decks for inside cabins?

I believe it's only the 12th floor since that area use to be the Spinnaker Lounge and they converted it into the newer suites and interiors, they got the newer darker wood when it was upgraded. I don't think you'll find this color in any of the other rooms to my knowledge.

Kim did you take the bus or cab to H20 Watersports? It looks like it could be a bit of a wall from the bus stop and I'm not sure my Mom could do that. Cost for taxi?

We took a cab and it was $14.50. Much easier than the whole bus thing since we could leave the dock when we wanted and they called a cab for us to go back as well and he was there within 10 minutes (I wasn't even ready to go yet and he pulled up). :D

Just finished reading your review of Bermuda. You did such a good job! I love reading your reviews and I think the cruise lines should pay you a salary because I am really wanting to go on any of the trips you have written about. Thank you so much.

Just finished reading your review of Bermuda. You did such a good job! I love reading your reviews and I think the cruise lines should pay you a salary because I am really wanting to go on any of the trips you have written about. Thank you so much.

Aww, thank you so much for your kind words. I really appreciate it and glad you enjoy the reviews.

I see you will be on the Pride next year...sailing ON MY BIRTHDAY! Lucky you. :D I hope you have a wonderful cruise. We absolutely LOVED the Pride! :)

All pictures were taken with either an Olympus Tough 620 or Olympus Tough 830. They are both dry land and underwater cameras. :)

Awesome. I am looking into getting a underwater camera and was looking at the 860...so this confirms my theory, cause I love your pictures!

Awesome. I am looking into getting a underwater camera and was looking at the 860...so this confirms my theory, cause I love your pictures!

Yep, I love them both that I had to have 2 of them. :D I hope you end up just as happy as I have been with mine and happy cruising. :)

Kim do you know if there is a place close to H2O where you can buy water and other drinks? Better yet does the boat rental sell bottled water?

There is reported to be a store near by and I'm assuming close to the turn off area to go down the street to H20, but I have not been there or really looked for it. If you are taking the cab, you could ask them to stop off there to grab some things.

H20 does have a stand up glass cooler in their small office that has drinks. We purchased some pop off of them while we were there. I would think they have water, but since I don't drink water, I really didn't look. LOL I'll ask my daughter. She would probably know or remember.

Thanks. I don't think we're going to St David's beaches. Just too much time traveling to get there and back. Instead we're going to Hamilton to buy some duty-free rum, have lunch somewhere and take the bus to Warwick Long Bay for the afternoon. I hope your plans work for you- I'll be waiting to read about it, hopefully before we leave!!

P6060184%20copy-L.jpg

P6060174%20copy-L.jpg

P6060177%20copy-L.jpg

P6050117%20copy-L.jpg

P6060178%20copy-L.jpg

P6060176%20copy-L.jpg

The carpet in the Venetian used to be green. They should have stuck with that color. The Dawn used to sail to Bermuda from NY I was on it in 2010. I actually liked it better than the Manhattan room on the Breakaway for the simple fact that the windows were huge and it was light with a great view.

Half the windows in the Manhattan Room on the Breakaway have screens over them because of Burn the Floor and wanting the stage lights to work. I wish they would open and close them..too dark in there.

Edited by dman72

Thanks. I don't think we're going to St David's beaches. Just too much time traveling to get there and back. Instead we're going to Hamilton to buy some duty-free rum, have lunch somewhere and take the bus to Warwick Long Bay for the afternoon. I hope your plans work for you- I'll be waiting to read about it, hopefully before we leave!!

We plan on trying out the St David's beaches. Hopefully things will work out for us and they'll have the HOHO bus running by the time we arrive.

I'm going to try, once again, to head to Warwick and make my way back to Horseshoe. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this time it will work. :p

The carpet in the Venetian used to be green. They should have stuck with that color. The Dawn used to sail to Bermuda from NY I was on it in 2010. I actually liked it better than the Manhattan room on the Breakaway for the simple fact that the windows were huge and it was light with a great view.

Half the windows in the Manhattan Room on the Breakaway have screens over them because of Burn the Floor and wanting the stage lights to work. I wish they would open and close them..too dark in there.

It's funny how we were on the Getaway and I never once ate in there. I plan on trying it out this time on the Breakaway. I feel like I missed out on so much on that cruise and can hopefully enjoy myself a little more this time around.

I agree, green would probably look better in that room than what they have in there now.

• 5 weeks later...
Oh, I did mean to post this earlier about the transportation services:

fares-XL.jpg

Now I do want to mention this. I know that everyone just automatically

purchases a 2 or 3 day pass. Yes, it's convenient and you might think that

you need it. However, you should really "plan" and SEE if it's actually needed.

Are you really going to travel using the transportation system several different

times during the same day? Are you really going to go somewhere needing that bus/ferry

service on the 3rd day...the day that your ship leaves? Or do you plan on sticking around

the dockyard on the last day? Everything should be taken into consideration when you

decide how to go about purchasing the transportation.

Most people seem to take the bus to a place (let's just say) Horseshoe Bay.

So you need a way there and then a way back. IF you purchase the 2 day pass for $31.50

a person. This gives you a breakdown of having to use the bus/ferry for 1 day $15.75.

($31.50 / 2 days = $15.75). IF you were to pay FULL price for a bus ride (using correct

CHANGE, meaning coins) it would be $5.00 there and $5.00 back. So your total price would

only be $10 instead of $15.75. If you decided to get a coin, you would save $1 and your total

price would only be having to spend $9 for the day. See how that works?

To me, it's even cheaper than the $16 bus to and from Horseshoe.

However if you are going to be going more than 1 place during the same day, yes it would be

worth the price to splurge on the 2 or 3 day ticket. All I'm saying is decide exactly what you

are doing and add it up. You might be surprised at the money you can save by not buying the pass. ;)

I am rather late in finding this review and I know you are now on your way to Bermuda again, but I hope you can clear something up. You quoted the prices for the passes, but you never commented on the the "Visitor" prices. I have been to Bermuda a few times and and we always got those tourist visitior passes which are on the bottom of the list and really worth the price.

I just finished your fantastic review and now am waiting for you to post your review from the Breakaway. You sure had bad luck with the storms you had to go through, and I really hope when you got to Bermuda it was nice again.

Two questions for you.....The Baby Beach by Horseshoe Bay, was that to the right of where you come down the hill, or did you have to walk all the way across the beach to the rocks on the left?

Do you think you got your respiratory infection on the ship? We used to cruise a lot and then my husband came down with Pulmonary Fibrosis. He had a lung transplant 3 years ago and has been doing well. He finally has decided he wants to cruise again ( I took many cruises without him with girl friends) and we are booked for Bermuda for next June. But, I didn't worry about respiratory illness on the ship in June because it isn't the flu season anymore. I was just wondering if you noticed any one else who was sick on board. I am afraid if he caught what you had, it could kill him.

Edited by CAC104

I just found this review and have been enjoying the pictures so far. I still have quite a few pages to read since I am only up to your first day on the ship.:D

Hi there. Glad you are enjoying the review. We just returned today from our Breakaway cruise to Bermuda and I'm trying to get caught up. :)

I am rather late in finding this review and I know you are now on your way to Bermuda again, but I hope you can clear something up. You quoted the prices for the passes, but you never commented on the the "Visitor" prices. I have been to Bermuda a few times and and we always got those tourist visitior passes which are on the bottom of the list and really worth the price.

Quite honestly, I had never paid attention to the "visitor" passes area. They always charge the amount above that both times that we have been. Hmmm :confused:

Edited by mitsugirly

I just finished your fantastic review and now am waiting for you to post your review from the Breakaway. You sure had bad luck with the storms you had to go through, and I really hope when you got to Bermuda it was nice again.

Two questions for you.....The Baby Beach by Horseshoe Bay, was that to the right of where you come down the hill, or did you have to walk all the way across the beach to the rocks on the left?

Do you think you got your respiratory infection on the ship? We used to cruise a lot and then my husband came down with Pulmonary Fibrosis. He had a lung transplant 3 years ago and has been doing well. He finally has decided he wants to cruise again ( I took many cruises without him with girl friends) and we are booked for Bermuda for next June. But, I didn't worry about respiratory illness on the ship in June because it isn't the flu season anymore. I was just wondering if you noticed any one else who was sick on board. I am afraid if he caught what you had, it could kill him.

Glad to see you were able to finish the review while I was gone. I'm currently downloading my pictures from this trip and will get started on that review as soon as I can.

Yes, when you walk down the hill it's right to your right (Baby Bay). No need to walk down the entire beach. :)

Yes, I'm pretty sure we got the URI on the ship. I cruise a lot and have never had any issues before on the ships or from the ports (neither has my family) and the coughing started BEFORE we even got to Bermuda. Yes, when I returned, there were many people that stated the same thing happened to them on the Dawn, which makes me also think it was the ship. :(

Welcome back Kim! Looking forward to your review of the Breakaway trip. We leave on her one week from today. My grandkids are so excited! I hope Sakari liked the kids club.

Thanks for the welcome back. It was quite the adventure this time around. LOL :p Sakari always loves the kids club, so no issues with that. Although she was going through "drawing" withdrawal on this cruise (more on that in my review). :o

I hope you have a wonderful time in another week and hopefully good weather now that the hurricane has passed. I'm going to try to get motivated to get my pictures all downloaded and get this process for my review going soon. I'm just not too motivated tonight and so tired. :eek: I need a vacation from vacation now.