MITSUGIRLYS DAWN TO BERMUDA NOVEL (or review as some may call it)

mitsugirly

Kim, just so we don't miss it, would you please post a link here for the Breakaway journal?

I will try to remember to post a link. However, just know when I do a review, you will find the link in my signature line (no matter where I post, including here ;)). So you could come back here and you'll see the "breakaway" show up in the signature and will be able to click on it and get there. :D

HI all!

mitsugirly ~ welcome back!:D Looking forward to seeing your review & finding out how your "boys" liked cruising with the exciting cruise you had!

Hope you were able to get to the places you missed on Dawn.

~ Jo ~:)

Hiya! Thanks for the welcome back and it was an interesting cruise. I'm getting ready to start my review. I hope you enjoy it.

Kim, welcome back from the Breakaway! I can't wait to hear what you have to say about her! :D

Thanks Nancy. I will have a lot to say...like always. :D:p

Kim... it was a pleasure meeting and talking to you on the BA....not sure if you are on facebook but if you are would like to befriend you...Lorna Lalli:D

Hi Lorna!!! It was awesome meeting you and so glad you spoke to me and found out who I was on the ferry. It was a joy talking and glad we ran into each other again pool side. You are the only one that I ended up meeting from our roll call. I certainly do have fb and will friend you. :)

Your reviews are the best! Your attention to detail in your pictures gives evidence of how much you enjoy yourself...I'm so looking forward to your next cruise so I can read your review...Happy sailing!

Aww thanks. My next review will be starting shortly. I have been gathering my pictures up and ready to start some of it. :)

Hi Lorna!!! It was awesome meeting you and so glad you spoke to me and found out who I was on the ferry. It was a joy talking and glad we ran into each other again pool side. You are the only one that I ended up meeting from our roll call. I certainly do have fb and will friend you. :)

Aww thanks. My next review will be starting shortly. I have been gathering my pictures up and ready to start some of it. :)

It always amazes me how some roll calls can be so active, and then the people seem to disappear when they get on the ship. Yet, others manage to come up with activities that everyone participates in through out the cruise. My favorite thing is the group slot pulls.

It always amazes me how some roll calls can be so active, and then the people seem to disappear when they get on the ship. Yet, others manage to come up with activities that everyone participates in through out the cruise. My favorite thing is the group slot pulls.

Quite honestly, it was my own fault that I was not very active in our roll call and did not sign up for the meet & greet because there were 10 of us in the family going this time (with one of them being my oldest son, age 29, who hasn't cruised with us since he was around 13). I just didn't want to miss out on any time spent with them. This will be the first time I have not signed up for a roll call but was glad I did meet someone. :)

Hey, Kim. Just went to NCL forum :eek::eek: to look for your review and it's not there yet. Please give me/us on the CCL board a head's up when you start it! I don't care about the ship, I just want to read about your adventures! :p

Karen - click on the Breakaway link in Kim's signature above and that will take you to the latest review. Happy reading! :)

Lisa

Edited by Winston'sMom

Hey, Kim. Just went to NCL forum :eek::eek: to look for your review and it's not there yet. Please give me/us on the CCL board a head's up when you start it! I don't care about the ship, I just want to read about your adventures!

What??? It's on the first page. :p :D

Karen - click on the Breakaway link in Kim's signature above and that will take you to the latest review. Happy reading! :)

Lisa

Yep, what Lisa said. :D

Thank you for giving me a reason to not leave the couch yesterday. I had been reading this review at work but it was taking FOREVER so I decided I would read it at home. It was like a good book I could not put down. I have not been feeling up to par lately so it was nice to take a me day and relax and read about my favorite thing to do. I was so sad it was over. Lucky for me you had started your Breakaway review so I got all up to date on that and stayed up WAY past my bedtime. Feeling it today:o

As always it was a wonderful review. I love all the time an effort you put into everything for us to enjoy. I love reading the "sidebar" stories and the crazy pica as well as the beautiful ones you take. I almost feel like a member of your family reading your reviews.

I also want to say I think those of us who love your reviews so much should start a Go Fund Me account for you to sail the ship we want the next review of. Highest bidder picks the ship..lol But really in all honestly thanks for all you do!!

You have me longing to try NCL. We have 2 we are debating between for our Winter cruise. The issue we are running into is we are limited on dates and budgets. Since the kid is now in high school making up time is quite the ordeal for him :( so this year it looks like March is our only option or doing a 4 or 5 day and I don't want that either. So we are leaning at the Star whichever it is that sails from Texas. I'm just a bit nervous #1 going outside our comfort zone #2 trying an older ship as our last few cruises have been newly updated ships with most or all the bells and whistles #3 the time of year it could be crazy packed! #4 the cost its more on NCL than the CCL we are looking at and they are both overpriced due to timing. I'm trying to narrow things down to a few ships s then I can compare better. Wish me luck.

Thank you for giving me a reason to not leave the couch yesterday. I had been reading this review at work but it was taking FOREVER so I decided I would read it at home. It was like a good book I could not put down. I have not been feeling up to par lately so it was nice to take a me day and relax and read about my favorite thing to do. I was so sad it was over. Lucky for me you had started your Breakaway review so I got all up to date on that and stayed up WAY past my bedtime. Feeling it today:o

As always it was a wonderful review. I love all the time an effort you put into everything for us to enjoy. I love reading the "sidebar" stories and the crazy pica as well as the beautiful ones you take. I almost feel like a member of your family reading your reviews.

I also want to say I think those of us who love your reviews so much should start a Go Fund Me account for you to sail the ship we want the next review of. Highest bidder picks the ship..lol But really in all honestly thanks for all you do!!

You have me longing to try NCL. We have 2 we are debating between for our Winter cruise. The issue we are running into is we are limited on dates and budgets. Since the kid is now in high school making up time is quite the ordeal for him :( so this year it looks like March is our only option or doing a 4 or 5 day and I don't want that either. So we are leaning at the Star whichever it is that sails from Texas. I'm just a bit nervous #1 going outside our comfort zone #2 trying an older ship as our last few cruises have been newly updated ships with most or all the bells and whistles #3 the time of year it could be crazy packed! #4 the cost its more on NCL than the CCL we are looking at and they are both overpriced due to timing. I'm trying to narrow things down to a few ships s then I can compare better. Wish me luck.

Aww, thanks for the kind words and glad you're enjoying the review.

I really hope you find time to breakaway and get on a cruise. It sounds like you really need it. I know how hard it is to find the right ship, right amount of time, right time of year you're available and most of all...the right price. I put a lot of planning into picking mine and what's right for our family. Sometimes it gets tricky.

I'm sure March will be a little different sailing (Spring Break) but I can tell you we have sailed twice during spring break and honestly, it wasn't as bad as people have made it out to be. Maybe we have hit it lucky, I'm not sure. But we've never had the outrageous partying on the ship and too packed that it wasn't enjoyable. I am looking to sail next Spring Break again, that way I don't have to take Sakari out of school for another week. So, we'll see. I've sailed the ships with all the bells and whistles to the smaller ships with not as much and honestly, we have a blast on both. One is just more relaxing than the other. ;)

Good luck in whatever you decide to do and most of all, have a GREAT time! :)

• 1 month later...
Mitsugirly, what would you recomend besides the main dining room to eat as we get on the Dawn on embarkation day.

I'm probably not the one to be asking since we always just head for the buffet when we feel the need to eat after getting on. :p I'm a real buffet lover. :o Other than that, you could try heading over to Blue Lagoon (O'Sheehans). I can't remember if they are open right away or not. :confused:

• 6 months later...
Thank you Mitsugirly, your view was very helpful for my recent Dawn cruise to Bermuda. I thought it was interesting that one of your photos shows up during the port shopping talk. <a href=IMG_20160625_113213849.jpg' alt='IMG_201

Oh my. This is interesting. LOL I would have liked it better if I would have been on the Dawn and this popped up. Imagine the look on my face. :eek: I'm still thinking I promote all the ships and the ports I go to that they owe me a free cruise that everyone around here talks about. :D