QM2 June 14-21 WB TA log

BlueRiband

Hi Jeanne,

You were nervous because you are a good person. In Australia they reduced the amount of overseas purchases from several thousand dollars to $900 a few years ago. Caught me off guard but the customs people didn't care and said not to bother opening up my cases when I returned home.

I agree that customs areas being busy probably helps travellers!

Hi Ben. Always nice to see you.

It's just not worth it to lie. You would still have to pay the duty, plus perhaps a fine if you get caught. Since I now have my two Chopard handbags, it is unlikely I will have to be concerned again, as I am not planning another purchase in that shop. I just remain surprised that on both occasions, the agent never even turned the form over to see it declared.

I was just reminded of going through Customs at the Fort Lauderdale port. A couple of over zealous Agents, perhaps seeking some personal fun, had me take off my ring and examined it with a pen light. They eventually let it go.

Jeanne

Hi Ben. Always nice to see you.

It's just not worth it to lie. You would still have to pay the duty, plus perhaps a fine if you get caught. Since I now have my two Chopard handbags, it is unlikely I will have to be concerned again, as I am not planning another purchase in that shop. I just remain surprised that on both occasions, the agent never even turned the form over to see it declared.

I was just reminded of going through Customs at the Fort Lauderdale port. A couple of over zealous Agents, perhaps seeking some personal fun, had me take off my ring and examined it with a pen light. They eventually let it go.

Jeanne

:) reminds me of the agent who asked me "do you have any luggage in your pocket?"