Carnival shore excursion - st martin

Shih-tzu

Not sure if this should be on the Carnival board here (as it does pertain to the offerings that Carnival has in St Martin) or the St Martin board.

The one thing that I really had my heart set on when visiting St Martin was getting to Maho Beach. I have checked all the Carnival shore excursions and I can't find one that includes Maho (unless my bifocals are being more fickle than usual....). I just find it hard to believe that a beach that is in many travel magazines, etc isn't in the offerings at all. I was really hoping I would find an excursion that maybe went to Marigot or around the island and then stopped at Maho for a couple of hours for the beach and to watch when the bigger planes came in. Wonder if there is a reason they don't have one, or perhaps it's a temporary thing or if they ever did offer it?

This will be my 1st time there and wanted to stay with a Carnival excursion due to the guarantee that they will wait for the excursion to return. If not, I will try one of the private excursions I have read about. Wonder if anyone has ever been left behind in St Martin due to issues trying to get back from Maho?

It's a small island, and it only takes about 20 minutes to get back to the ship from Maho. There are private tours that go there, and some people who just want to see Maho take a taxi there and back. There are plenty of taxis at Maho to get you back. They just fill up their taxi vans and charge per head. I have been on Bernard's Tours several times and Maho is one of their stops.

Joyce Prince Tours is what I booked for a private tour which included Maho, and anything else you want. She was fantastic and stopped along the way where ever we wanted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great ideas - keep them coming :-)

I just found a site called Viatours (?) - they say they guarantee you get back to your ship or the cost of the "catch-up" is on them... so that might be another solution.

Luckily I don't go until February but want to try to get some of the details sorted out now before Christmas/New Years/snow shovelling :p

Or, if you decide you just want to go to Maho, it should be about $10 per person, per way to take a taxi to Maho. Then you could hang out there for as little or as long as you want. I haven't done this yet, this is just what I've gleaned from extensive reading of the St. Maarten board and what we plan on doing when we are there in October :o

Or, if you decide you just want to go to Maho, it should be about $10 per person, per way to take a taxi to Maho. Then you could hang out there for as little or as long as you want. I haven't done this yet, this is just what I've gleaned from extensive reading of the St. Maarten board and what we plan on doing when we are there in October :o

Sounds good - let me know how that went when you get back (if you remember....) Thanks.