Wine in hand carry for Singapore embarkation

Hi,

Does any body knows if we are allowed to bring a bottle of wine in our hand carry for cruising on Mariner of the Seas...checking in in Asia like Singapore, will be the same as in North America?

Clara

You can bring two 750ml bottles of wine per stateroom, at initial embarkation only.

Is this for checking in in singapore?

I would carry it on, rather than putting it in checked bags. Less chance of breakage, and less chance of your bags being delayed.

Singapore is a strict country...what if I bring it and it gets confiscated... Really defeats the purpose...but the on board policy did say it's allowed as you have stated it...

Well, the policy is for Royal Caribbean, and you are sailing with them. Print out that section if you want and keep it in your documents, if it makes you feel better and more secure. To my knowledge, we have not heard here on the board of any wine confiscation at embarkation coming out of Asia, nor is any country or port of embarkation excluded from this policy.

From the website:

"Guests wishing to bring personal wine and champagne onboard may do so only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom. Additional bottles of wine beyond two (2) bottles that are brought onboard or any alcoholic beverages purchased in ports of call or from Shops On Board will be stored by the ship and delivered to your stateroom on the last day of the sailing.

Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy. Guests who are under the permitted drinking age will not have alcohol returned to them."

As noted above, RCCL's US site specifically calls out that up to two bottles of wine can be brought aboard per stateroom. However in checking the Singapore website, I could not find anything that listed an exception for wine.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com.sg/Packages-Itineraries/FAQ-Listing.aspx?faqsectionid=Onboard&faqcategoryid=Onboard-Policies#FAQLink114

Click on "What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy? Can I bring liquor (from home or a port-of-call) onboard?"

You'll see:

Guests are not allowed to bring alcoholic beverages onboard for consumption or any other use. Alcoholic beverages that are purchased in ports of call or from onboard shops will be stored by the ship and delivered to guest staterooms on the last day of the sailing. Security may inspect containers (water bottles, soda bottles, mouthwash, luggage etc.) and will dispose of containers holding alcohol. Royal Caribbean's Guest Conduct Policy may be enforced, up to and including disembarkation, if a guest violates any alcohol policy. Guests under the age of 21 will not have alcohol returned to them.

So my assumption would be wine is not allowed to be brought aboard from Singapore based ports.

As noted above, RCCL's US site specifically calls out that up to two bottles of wine can be brought aboard per stateroom. However in checking the Singapore website, I could not find anything that listed an exception for wine.

https://www.royalcaribbean.com.sg/Packages-Itineraries/FAQ-Listing.aspx?faqsectionid=Onboard&faqcategoryid=Onboard-Policies#FAQLink114

Click on "What is Royal Caribbean International's Age Policy? Can I bring liquor (from home or a port-of-call) onboard?"

You'll see:

So my assumption would be wine is not allowed to be brought aboard from Singapore based ports.

Unfortunately Royal is known for not keeping it's website up to date on current policies. In fact if you search the US site under "international age requirements it still lists that there is a corkage fee.

The OP will need someone with actual first hand knowledge to post their experience in order to get an accurate answer.

I'm going to make a quick change to what I said earlier.... my reading of the policy is that you won't be able to bring the wine aboard when you embark. However if you purchase it at a port of call, security will store it for you until the end of the cruise.

In both cases, you would not be able to consume the wine onboard the ship.

I just sailed Quantum from Singapore and yes, you can bring up to 2 750 ml bottles of wine per sailing and per stateroom. This rule is consistent fleetwide. However be careful in bring out wine after your sailing in Singapore, there are some rules, like if you just came from Malaysia (dunno Thailand), you will be taxed.

If you fail to declare it, you will be fined heavily and even jailed. Singapore is strict and they do Xray all your baggages as you leave the ship with no exceptions.

I've never seen a port this strict, not even in Sydney

So....if I declare it in Singapore...can I drink it at supper time?... I keep it in my cabin and pour it in my glass before supper...

You should be able to take the whole bottle to dinner, with no corkage fee.