Can anyone on the Triumph that left Galveston today report on the sea conditions??

fedexretiree

Just wondering if there is anyone that departed from Galveston today that can give a report on the sea conditions at this time and if any of the ports on this ship will be canceled due to the storm in the Gulf. The storm is just off the Galveston coast and I am totally surprised that they actually sailed today.

Here is where the ship was supposed to be going.

Monday June 15, 2015 - 5 Night Western Caribbean

Carnival Triumph - Carnival Cruise Lines

Ports of call: Progreso (Merida), Mexico;Cozumel, Mexico

My neighbors are on the triumph cruise that left today. Their first cruise ever. Should be a fun night. The ship did sail away at normal time. Hasn't been much rain since the ship left but I'm sure its different out in the bay/gulf.

My neighbors are on the magic that left yesterday. She said that they have already said that their itinerary will be reversed in order to go around the storm. She said it was very rough and they put the motion sickness bags out by the elevators. I leave on Saturday on the freedom. Personally I like the rough sea conditions.

My neighbors are on the triumph cruise that left today. Their first cruise ever. Should be a fun night. The ship did sail away at normal time. Hasn't been much rain since the ship left but I'm sure its different out in the bay/gulf.

Bless their hearts. Hope this doesn't ruin it for them. Looking at the radar, I can't see how they would get around the storm, it's so big. If you hear from them please report back.

Bless their hearts. Hope this doesn't ruin it for them. Looking at the radar, I can't see how they would get around the storm, it's so big. If you hear from them please report back.

I'd be interested to know how everyone is doing, especially the 1st time cruisers.

My neighbors are on the magic that left yesterday. She said that they have already said that their itinerary will be reversed in order to go around the storm. She said it was very rough and they put the motion sickness bags out by the elevators. I leave on Saturday on the freedom. Personally I like the rough sea conditions.

I would think that by Sat. you will be fine. We talked about taking this cruise as a last minute thing and glad now we didn't. Many years ago on the last night of our trip from Cozumel to Galveston it was a beautiful sail away. Not a cloud in the sky and then a few hours later it was HORRIBLE. 25 ft seas and I honestly thought that the ship was going to crack in half. I was so scared and nervous. It creaked so bad and forget trying to walk the halls, you would just bounce from side to side and I never saw so many sea sick bags. My husband kidded me that they were doing the Christmas luminaries without the candle.

Just wondering if there is anyone that departed from Galveston today that can give a report on the sea conditions at this time and if any of the ports on this ship will be canceled due to the storm in the Gulf. The storm is just off the Galveston coast and I am totally surprised that they actually sailed today.

Here is where the ship was supposed to be going.

Monday June 15, 2015 - 5 Night Western Caribbean

Carnival Triumph - Carnival Cruise Lines

Ports of call: Progreso (Merida), Mexico;Cozumel, Mexico

For your information. When storms are a threat to the coast, ships will normally go out to sea, and fight the storm there. Otherwise, if a ship is docked, they can be badly damaged by the storm surge. Of course they do their best to go around the storm as much as possible.

In this case, I think they had enough time to come in, pick up another load, and head out to sea. In other words, they were not caught in port by the storm.

10 foot faces near shore then 8 then 6. It depends on how the route through the storm. I've been onboard when we climb 10 footers, but it is not the end of the world. Their rest of their trip will seem smooth after a few hours of that :-)

http://forecasts.surfingmagazine.com/#place=24.126701958681682_-87.93457000000001_5_1486_height_none_satellite_-1