Golden Princess July 1st

Oldcruisey

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You have asked a very broad question. I would suggest that you go the Alaska forum in the Ports of Call area where you will find a tremendous amount of information about Alaska and peoples experiences there. If your question relates to the Golden please come back and I know that there will be lots of people to help you.

Here is a link to someone's review on a recent sailing that you may find interesting.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2222003

Edited by Putterdude

Flying in to San Francisco on Wednesday the 1st, arriving around 9 AM, will be catching a ride to the pier around 10 AM or so after picking up luggage, so we should be at the pier around 11 AM. Once we are able to board the Golden Princess, will we be able to drop carry on bags in our rooms and leave the vessel to explore a little bit of the other piers before we depart at 4 PM, or are we not permitted to go back on shore once we check in. Thanks for any help on this.

Flying in to San Francisco on Wednesday the 1st, arriving around 9 AM, will be catching a ride to the pier around 10 AM or so after picking up luggage, so we should be at the pier around 11 AM. Once we are able to board the Golden Princess, will we be able to drop carry on bags in our rooms and leave the vessel to explore a little bit of the other piers before we depart at 4 PM, or are we not permitted to go back on shore once we check in. Thanks for any help on this.

You may be able to leave the ship but you may not. Remember, it may take about an hour to embark, have lunch... then, the muster drill is at 3:15 and is mandatory. I personally wouldn't do it...

Hi,

I am traveling on the Golden Princess starting on July 1st, 2015, and I was wondering what I should be looking forward to on this cruise?

Thanks!!

Old Cruisey:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic. I agree do join the roll call for your cruise.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2098336

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Yes, you can go back ashore. I would just plan on being back onboard within 90 minutes of sailing. The cabins should be ready when you board, if they are not you still should be able to drop off your carry ons.