Aurea Experience dining

stuart2468

Can anyone shed some light on this please

I have my Area Experience booked on the Divina in March 2016, and obviously we have Any time dining.

Is it possible to change this to one of the particular set dining times? We want to be able to meet people, and i find this is great when sat at the dining table with the same people for the duration of the cruise.

Also, what are the 2 dining times?

Thanks

Stu

Can anyone shed some light on this please

I have my Area Experience booked on the Divina in March 2016, and obviously we have Any time dining.

Is it possible to change this to one of the particular set dining times? We want to be able to meet people, and i find this is great when sat at the dining table with the same people for the duration of the cruise.

Also, what are the 2 dining times?

Thanks

Stu

The Aurea dining is under the control of a special Aurea dining Host, who will introduce themselves at check-in. If you ask them they should be able to liaise with the Maitre 'D and try and sort someting out for you.

It may be that the numbers of tables in the MDR correspond to the number of cabins that are allocated to the MDRs and likewise the tables in the Aurea area are matched to the number of cabins with the Aurea Experience and so it will depend on how near to full capacity she is sailing.

The Maitre 'D will be snowed under with requests for changes from the Fantastica experience and even more so from the Bella experience, who get what they are given with very, very little choice. He may not take kindly to Aurea guests trying to switch to the MDR. so I don't think you would be high on his list of people to sort out arrangements for.

You could always ask the Aurea host if there are any like minded people in his domain who he could arrange for you to dine with.

The dining times are usually around 18:30, 1st sitting, and 20:30, 2nd sitting, but the do vary with sailing times especially if it is a late sailing.

Pete

Thanks for the info Pete

I was wondering if calling MSC to arrange it, but based on your comments i guess its unlikely to work.

Pity though as i love building up relationships with people around the table. And my Partner will be experiencing his first cruise too and i know he like to get stuck into a good conversation.

Thanks again though!

Thanks for the info Pete

I was wondering if calling MSC to arrange it, but based on your comments i guess its unlikely to work.

Pity though as i love building up relationships with people around the table. And my Partner will be experiencing his first cruise too and i know he like to get stuck into a good conversation.

Thanks again though!

I feel the same way, for what it's worth... Tempted to drop to Fantastica and buy the drink package!

Don't depend too much on having dining companions - not everybody turns up every evening for dinner. We've experienced this on the only two cruises when we didn't travel with my parents. One time we were at a table for 4 with another couple from Ireland. They had been on NCL before and preferred freetime dining so they didn't show up for most of the cruise. The second time was a 20 night repo. We had a table for 6. The other 4 were Australians - 1 couple and 2 sisters. After the third night the 2 sisters changed tables and the couple only came sporadically, so we spent most nights on our own at a table set for 6! Had it been a table for 2 it would have been fine. There was a German couple at a table for 6 next to us and they were alone for the entire cruise. Because of the mix of nationalities onboard MSC there aren't always enough English speaking people to put together so take this into account before making any decisions based on dining requirements.