False alarm!

So I'm lounging in my cabin on the Freedom around 11pm when the loudspeaker blasts with a "Alpha team" announcement for deck 3. And the evac lights are on in the hallway. I'm on deck 7 and my son is in club O2 on deck 4. I so wanted to go get him. Fortunately, they came back on quickly and told us it was nothing, just steam from the galley set off the smoke detector.

The whole deal makes me want to slap the stupid kids wandering the halls vaping. I have to think the vapors could cause a similar alarm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

it's good to hear it was just a false alarm.

The whole deal makes me want to slap the stupid kids wandering the halls vaping. I have to think the vapors could cause a similar alarm.

however, on that part, i find that highly unlikely. don't forget that it wasn't very long ago when smoking was permitted in staterooms, and if actual smoke didn't set them off, it's incredibly unlikely water vapor from an e-cig would.

Edited by falkcor

however, on that part, i find that highly unlikely. don't forget that it wasn't very long ago when smoking was permitted in staterooms, and if actual smoke didn't set them off, it's incredibly unlikely water vapor from an e-cig would.

I don't know how that works...but steam from the shower in my house sets off the Nest smoke alarm that's outside the bathroom door (if the bathroom door is open).

it's good to hear it was just a false alarm.

I would think that you would need everyone onboard blowing their "vape" at one detector in order to set it off. When there is a "steam problem" in the galley, sufficient to set off a smoke detector, it makes a sauna seem like a winter day in Alaska. Been there, done that, bought the tee-shirt.