Debarkation in Boston from the Dawn

BiancaV

Does anyone know what time we are off the ship when we return to Boston? I'm trying to book a ride home but I don't know what time to book it for and they charge extra for waiting time. I'm booked in a suite and I did hear that we might get off early? Please any info would be greatly appreciated!!

Times can vary, but when we got back from a cruise in April we were off by 9:30. We were returning to Boston on the repositioning cruise from New Orleans.

We were in a suite and we had set up our ride for 10 so we got off around 9:30. Some suite guests left earlier, maybe around 8:45 to 9.

Enjoy your trip.

It really depends on how customs goes. Everyone has to clear customs before you can get off the ship. I have seen it be 7:00am; I have seen it be 9:00am. The line is also horrendous, but being in a suite helps a little.

Ok so if I plan on a 9:30 pickup I should be ok? I just don't want to book 9:30 then be sitting on the pier for an hour with my luggage.lol so I was debating between 9:00 and 9:30. Maybe I should cut it in the middle at 9:15!😜

Ok so if I plan on a 9:30 pickup I should be ok? I just don't want to book 9:30 then be sitting on the pier for an hour with my luggage.lol so I was debating between 9:00 and 9:30. Maybe I should cut it in the middle at 9:15!😜

We get a 9:30 pick-up.

Drivers are almost always early and waiting in the cell call lot around the corner . ;)

We've been in suites and been out grabbing our luggage at 9:10, but I agree that 9:30 is safer, if you're paying for waiting time.

It's a zoo outside, so once you're outside, there are areas marked with giant numbers -- find a spot to stand under one of them where you can see (and be seen), and tell your driver you are standing under the #5, or whatever.

Chances are, they will be challenged by security/troopers if they try to stop along the way to look for you, so if they don't immediately see you, they will be told to move along. If they know you're at #5, they roll right up to that point, and you can flag them and they can hop out and get you in the car smoothly.

We've been in suites and been out grabbing our luggage at 9:10, but I agree that 9:30 is safer, if you're paying for waiting time.

It's a zoo outside, so once you're outside, there are areas marked with giant numbers -- find a spot to stand under one of them where you can see (and be seen), and tell your driver you are standing under the #5, or whatever.

Chances are, they will be challenged by security/troopers if they try to stop along the way to look for you, so if they don't immediately see you, they will be told to move along. If they know you're at #5, they roll right up to that point, and you can flag them and they can hop out and get you in the car smoothly.

Ok great advice. 9:30 it is! Thanks everyone for your input.😄

What I do is take the drivers cell phone number with me. Once I have my bags I give him a call. He's usually waiting outside the terminal area so we wait about 5 minutes or so for him to arrive. I like to leave the ship as late as I can so the worst of the craziness outside has passed.

Have fun.

It's been a year since I sailed the Dawn out of Boston in a suite... Other posters are correct that it can depend on when customs clears the ship... Pretty consistently suite guests are off and by the curb by 9 or 9:15. You should be safe with 9:30!