Santa Barbara Resort Day Pass

jenne252

Hello! We are booked on the Carnival Sunshine in September and we will be in Curacao from 8am - 4pm. I read somewhere about a day pass available at Santa Barbara resort. Does anyone have any experience with this??

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2204326

I believe the above thread is the one that the above poster (rjrpar) was referring. (thought I would copy it here since threads change order as posts get applied to each).

We play golf at SBP and it is fabulous. I have done a day pass there several years ago when Mr Ski had enough guys to golf so I just hung out with the ladies. It is a great resort. We just stayed at the pool so we didn't see the beach. That was a couple of years ago and we booked directly through the hotel. It was $50 pp just for the day pass....which did NOT include any food, drinks, or transportation. So I think the $99 is a great price. I believe it must be booked through the booking company though (can no longer be booked directly through hotel).

Edited by skiiergirl

We booked for Feb '16 and had to go thru ResortsforaDay; very easy. Be aware, the fine print limits each stay to 5 hours. In our case, meet at 9:15 outside the port and the return van is at 2:30 or 3:00pm.

• 2 weeks later...

I just went a few weeks ago. It was a fantastic day and very worth the price since it includes transportation and unlimited food and drinks. I was a little bummed about the time but it was more than enough time to enjoy the pool, the beach and grab breakfast AND lunch at their buffet. You have to remember it's 40 minutes away so we had to have enough time to get back to the port.

I just went a few weeks ago. It was a fantastic day and very worth the price since it includes transportation and unlimited food and drinks. I was a little bummed about the time but it was more than enough time to enjoy the pool, the beach and grab breakfast AND lunch at their buffet. You have to remember it's 40 minutes away so we had to have enough time to get back to the port.

Which restaurant served the buffet? Were both breakfast and lunch a buffet? Did you see what the cost of the buffet was if you weren't on the day pass? What type drinks were included out by the pool? Were there food options other than the buffet?

Thanks!

Which restaurant served the buffet? Were both breakfast and lunch a buffet? Did you see what the cost of the buffet was if you weren't on the day pass? What type drinks were included out by the pool? Were there food options other than the buffet?

Thanks!

It was called Medi. The pool bar was called Splash. Both were included. I didn't look for the buffet price but the waiter was confused about what to give us on a day pass, so he brought us a la carte menus at first. The prices were all over $10 for the breakfast items. It's a really nice buffet with a lavish spread.

Breakfast consisted of bacon, ham, eggs, eggs benedict, home fries, assorted breads and pastries, oatmeal, fruit display, etc.

Lunch was hot and cold items: grilled chicken, salmon, tilapia, a carving station (no one was there to serve it to me when I walked up but I think it was ham or pork), pasta, soup, sliced meats and cheese for sandwiches with premium breads, assorted desserts and a salad bar.

Any drink you wanted was included. I asked for dark rum and the guy pulled out Jose Cuervo, so I don't know if they were picky about premium drinks or not. I was mostly drinking rum punches and my DD had pina coladas. The bartenders were super friendly!

Did you end up paying for breakfast? We will likely have breakfast on the ship

No, breakfast was included if we ate at the buffet. The Medi restaurant also offers a la carte selections but they weren't included in the day pass.

It was called Medi. The pool bar was called Splash. Both were included. I didn't look for the buffet price but the waiter was confused about what to give us on a day pass, so he brought us a la carte menus at first. The prices were all over $10 for the breakfast items. It's a really nice buffet with a lavish spread.

Breakfast consisted of bacon, ham, eggs, eggs benedict, home fries, assorted breads and pastries, oatmeal, fruit display, etc.

Lunch was hot and cold items: grilled chicken, salmon, tilapia, a carving station (no one was there to serve it to me when I walked up but I think it was ham or pork), pasta, soup, sliced meats and cheese for sandwiches with premium breads, assorted desserts and a salad bar.

Any drink you wanted was included. I asked for dark rum and the guy pulled out Jose Cuervo, so I don't know if they were picky about premium drinks or not. I was mostly drinking rum punches and my DD had pina coladas. The bartenders were super friendly!

No, breakfast was included if we ate at the buffet. The Medi restaurant also offers a la carte selections but they weren't included in the day pass.

Thanks so much!!!

Looks like the price is now $109. And the deposit is now $20 pp.

Also...they must have a maximum number daily. Some folks on our roll call were able to make reservations. Others tried and were told "none available" or "sold out" (I don't remember which).

I'm so confused about this place (Santa Barbara Resort). It is true that it has now gone up. It is now offering day passes again. I emailed the Resort directly and was told that a day voucher could be attainable at the front desk for $26 and that would entitle one to spend the day at the Resort. Everything would be a la carte after that.

My question is how much would be the taxi cab ride over to the Resort?

I'm so confused about this place (Santa Barbara Resort). It is true that it has now gone up. It is now offering day passes again. I emailed the Resort directly and was told that a day voucher could be attainable at the front desk for $26 and that would entitle one to spend the day at the Resort. Everything would be a la carte after that.

Did they give you an all inclusive price to purchase directly from the resort? Just wondered if it was the same price as resortsforaday.com. I don't know what a taxi would cost, but considering the distance, it would probably not be cheap.

We had done a pass direct before that was $50 pp for use of resort only. (pool....didn't even see the beach) No food or beverages included. When I emailed a few months ago they were the ones that gave me the resort for a day contact info. So I am surprised they are selling direct again.

Did they give you an all inclusive price to purchase directly from the resort? Just wondered if it was the same price as resortsforaday.com. I don't know what a taxi would cost, but considering the distance, it would probably not be cheap.

As far as transportation costs....we have paid anywhere from $100-$200 roundtrip. The cost has come down some since they have opened a new road. I would guess no less than $80 roundtrip for 2-4 and additional for more than 4.

We were there is April of this year and had lunch at Splash.

Any menu item was included. We had the fish and mixed tacos. The fish was fresh grilled amberjack. We ordered all of our drinks from Splash or poolside. We had mimosas, beer & a couple of the drinks posted on the marquee which ranged from rum to vodka based drinks. They told us that really every drink was included in our package - but we did not look for scotch or single malts.

My DW also ordered a Blue Hawaiian and there were no added charges.

Even @ $109 I'd go back considering the food, drinks and transportation ... plus the resort is beautiful!

Edited by Ubiquitous Cruiser

No she did not offer any additional info and no inclusive price. She said it would get you on the property with a voucher to use all facilities and then drinks, lunch, and beach activities would be an additional charge.

• 3 weeks later...
These great reviews sold me. We booked for Sept 17th. while on the Conquest.

Sandy

Great. Did you book direct with hotel or through Resort for a day? Just curious as there have been mixed reports about whether you could book direct or must go through RFD.

The resort would NOT allow me to book direct. They said I had to go thru Resorts for a Day. Resorts for a Day were easy to deal with, made my deposit, they e-mailed all important info. Balance due upon arrival.....either cash or credit card will be acceptable.

Sandy

The resort would NOT allow me to book direct. They said I had to go thru Resorts for a Day. Resorts for a Day were easy to deal with, made my deposit, they e-mailed all important info. Balance due upon arrival.....either cash or credit card will be acceptable.

Sandy

Thx!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...