Santa Barbara Resort Day Pass

jenne252

What did you think of their beach? From the photos I've seen, it looks a bit strange to me, like it's within a cove being blocked by a dock or something.

It is in a cove, but you could walk out and there were people snorkeling. I thought the beach was beautiful. You can go on the other side of the resort and pool area and there is the ocean. We don't swim so we did not attempt to go in and did not see people in that part. The whole place was just beautiful.

What did you think of their beach? From the photos I've seen, it looks a bit strange to me, like it's within a cove being blocked by a dock or something.

I was a bit concerned about that cove area not being a real beach. However, when we got out there I saw how wide and long it was then I was totally satisfied. The water is deep enough to canoe and paddle board. It's adjacent to a boat dock with yachts, etc. which is why the long dock is there. We actually walked along it but didn't make it all the way to the end because it was so hot and the water was so inviting. [emoji4]

Also, the water on the other side of the cove looked like it had a strong current and was choppy waters the day we were there. It was so much more relaxed and crystal clear, calm waters in the cove area.

A friend of ours had booked this via resorts for a day. She cannot stop raving about it! Saw pictures and it was absolutely beautiful! So if you get a chance go there!

I would love to go there but DH cannot justify the cost:rolleyes::(:mad:

Edited by Arzeena

A friend of ours had booked this via resorts for a day. She cannot stop raving about it! Saw pictures and it was absolutely beautiful! So if you get a chance go there!

I would love to go there but DH cannot justify the cost:rolleyes::(:mad:

If you include cab fares, chair rentals, lunch, and drinks, I think it is cheaper than most beaches.

Just got back and spent the day Santa Barbara Resort.....WOW-what a great day we had. So worth the money!!!!

Was the cost $109 per person or was that for two people? I'm thinking about booking this for our January cruise. My hubby only drinks beer. Do you happen to know if they had any American beers?

Was the cost $109 per person or was that for two people? I'm thinking about booking this for our January cruise. My hubby only drinks beer. Do you happen to know if they had any American beers?

Per person. Not sure about beer but most, if not all, Caribbean resorts have American beers

• 2 weeks later...
Just booked this today for four of us. Seems like a great way to spend our 2nd day in Curacao.

Info says they will pick us up at 0915 at the pier. Looking forward to it.

When we did it the pickup spot was immediately outside the security gate. When you disembark go straight off the ship and not (right) toward the port mall. That may be evident to most but we were struggling to make it since we went through the mall and back down (left) to the security gate.

When we did it the pickup spot was immediately outside the security gate. When you disembark go straight off the ship and not (right) toward the port mall. That may be evident to most but we were struggling to make it since we went through the mall and back down (left) to the security gate.

Thanks for the tip!

• 1 month later...

Thinking of doing this but had some questions:

1)Do you get your deposit back if the ship does not end up in Curaraco?

2)If it rains really hard?

I could not find it on their website.

Also what time do they pick you up and what time do they take you back to the ship?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

I just booked this today for next June. The resort-for-a-day cancellation policy includes full refund if your ship doesn't make it to port. But, it's a rain or shine deal so no refund if it rains. There's more info on the resort for a day site if you click on FAQ up in the menu bar.

Then, there's excursion-specific terms such as full cancel refund up to 11 days before and the time of pickup/duration of the excursion. This info is viewable in the excursion details before you book and then it all prints out on the passes once you book. They pick you up 45 minutes after your ship docks, or if it docks before 8:30am, the pickup is at 9:15. The duration is 5 hours from the time you arrive at the resort.

Can anyone who has been at the resort report whether they had cell phone service and also how the resort WIFI was?

There was a wifi area near a small market on the lower level of the main building. I can't remember the name but I know they sold gifts and gelato. It wasn't a great, strong signal but good enough for us to check our emails before heading to the beach.

Re the day pass at the hotel, it says on the resortforaday.com website that you will be collected 45 minutes after ship docks and returned back to the ship after 5 hours. Can anyone who has been there confirm this? Thanks Gill

I see you are in the UK so calling their(Resort for a Day) 800 number might be expensive. However, you can message them right from the home page. I did talk with one of their agents who seemed quite knowledgeable and helpful.

Jerry

We are going to do a day pass at the resort in Jan. Is it safe to use a credit card at the resort for paying the balance of our day passes?? I have some problems before in other parts of the Caribbean. Nothing major, but we always try to be careful!! Many thanks for any feedback. John & Priscilla

• 2 weeks later...
We are going to do a day pass at the resort in Jan. Is it safe to use a credit card at the resort for paying the balance of our day passes?? I have some problems before in other parts of the Caribbean. Nothing major, but we always try to be careful!! Many thanks for any feedback. John & Priscilla

Most certainly because you pay your balance at the hotel front desk upon arrival. The hotel is a high end luxury resort with plenty of guests and amenities. As an aside, a couple in our group wanted to pay with Amex Cheques and they would not accept those.

And for those that we asking about the WiFi it is free in what they call the main hall, which is a beautiful open area lobby. We were able to catch it some at the pool but it would fade in and out there. However, it was really strong in the main hall.

Most certainly because you pay your balance at the hotel front desk upon arrival. The hotel is a high end luxury resort with plenty of guests and amenities. As an aside, a couple in our group wanted to pay with Amex Cheques and they would not accept those.

And for those that we asking about the WiFi it is free in what they call the main hall, which is a beautiful open area lobby. We were able to catch it some at the pool but it would fade in and out there. However, it was really strong in the main hall.

Thanks for the info. Most helpful.

Just an FYI, I paid for our day passes at the front desk last month. I hadn't used my credit card on our cruise before then. The next morning, I had a fraudulent charge appear from Tokyo. Luckily, my credit card company sent me an email about the charge and I was able to cancel my card before any more unauthorized charges came through. Coincidence? Maybe, maybe not.

That aside, the resort is beautiful. Only complaint would be we felt a bit rushed and wished we would have had more time.

Hoping to clarify as I have read both this and the other thread on this resort. Some of the replies seem to indicate either the package changes or there are more than one available.

Can I book the $99 day pass with a pick up time after an early tour provided by RCI? We expect to be returned to the ship by noon. It would be awesome to while away the afternoon at the beach and board transportation to return to the boat in the late afternoon or early evening. Anyone have any experience with this?

Our ship won't leave port until 10 pm so we'll have plenty of time to get back to the ship later in the day.

Edited by TravelinGert
Edit to Clarify

• 3 weeks later...
I was a bit concerned about that cove area not being a real beach. However, when we got out there I saw how wide and long it was then I was totally satisfied. The water is deep enough to canoe and paddle board. It's adjacent to a boat dock with yachts, etc. which is why the long dock is there. We actually walked along it but didn't make it all the way to the end because it was so hot and the water was so inviting. [emoji4]

Also, the water on the other side of the cove looked like it had a strong current and was choppy waters the day we were there. It was so much more relaxed and crystal clear, calm waters in the cove area.

Do you remember if they had snorkeling equipment available either included or for a fee?

Thanks!

Do you remember if they had snorkeling equipment available either included or for a fee?

Thanks!

Their ad talks about snorkeling off their beach. It also says water sports are not included in the day fee. No specific info there, but it does imply snorkeling gear may be available for a fee.

Thanks!

There is a small little hut on the left side of the beach as you approach the cove that has all of the snorkeling equipment, water toys and paddle boards available for a small fee. You can't charge it to a room of course, so carry cash. I would ask about it when you are checking it to receive the day pass at the front desk.