beaches in ports of western caribbean

bubba83

We will be taking our two young children (3&5) on a western Caribbean sailing in April. Ports are Cozumel, George Town, Flamouth, and Labadee.

Other than Labadee, are there any other beaches right off the pier at the ports? We are not taking our car seats, nor do I want to travel outside of the ports as we will head back on the sip early afternoon for lunches and hopefully naps :)

Edited by bubba83

Nothing within close walking distance comes to mind for Cozumel or Falmouth. Not sure about Grand Cayman.

Ok, we may just get off to walk around/shop for a little then go back on ship and let them swim in the pool.

take a short (minutes) cab to a all inclusive in cozumel. the beaches are great and the resorts/clubs have shade & facilities. Food is usually pretty good too. I am partial to Mr.Sanchos, good drinks, food, plenty of umbrellas by the pool or the beach and great atmosphere.

i hear ya there.

Check trip advisor for a tour company. I bet theres one that can arrange something for a fair price and youll get to see some beaches.

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150809-d2358819-Reviews-Tours_Plaza_Private_Day_Tours-Cozumel_Yucatan_Peninsula.html

Edited by ham_bone

If you do work out transportation, our son loved dolphin cove and scotchies in Jamaica when he was 3 and napping, and the turtle farm is great for kids in grand cayman. There is a dolphin touch program toddlers can participate in at dolphin cove, but you might want to leave before the Dolphins splash you in the end.

I believe in Grand Cayman you can take a bus to Seven Mile Beach and back ($2 each person) maybe a little more now. Most of beaches are public and free. Some have bars/restaurants where you can order food/drinks and/or rent chairs/umbrellas for the day.

Same for Cozumel - The cabs are more money but you can go to Mr. Sanchos or Paradise beach and as long as you order a drink and/or food there is no admission. We usually get nachos or something to snack on and a few beers/drinks while relaxing on the beach. They have pools to use as well. They do offer all-inclusive to use parts or their property but you do not have to do this.

Labadee is RCCL's private port - the beach will be right there once you tender in.

We did not use car seats but the kids were buckled in seat belts in the back seat. We went there when our kids were that age as well.

bubba - My family has done the Western route twice in the past three years. Our DD was 8-months first time around and 2.5 years on our recent trip back in January.

Here is what we did and in one case an example of what we wish we had done.

Cozumel - 2013 took cabs to Carlos and Charlies it was great. Didn't offer much in the way for kids beyond water and sand but at 8-months DD didn't need much. 2015 took cabs again to Nachi Cocum and all inclusive beach club, again not much for kids beyond water and sand but it was a quiet relaxing beach day with great food.

Grand Cayman - 2013 booked an excursion to Dolphin Cove through the cruiseline so we were on an air conditioned bus. At 8-months I took my daughter in the water with me for the encounter but we didn't have to pay for her. We then were shuttled to 7-mile for a beach break before heading back to the ship. 2015 we were going to bus but ended up taking cabs to Royal Palms. We rented a cabana which provided great shade and a quieter spot along the beach for the family. Would do it again in a heartbeat.

Falmouth - 2013 did leave the port area as weather was not ideal for a day at the beach. Great port area though. 2015 we booked a day at Jewel Runaway Bay through Resort for a Day. Air conditioned bus. Great resort with a fantastic water park our DD refused to leave.

Ultimately we enjoyed everything we did at each port and I wouldn't hesitate to do them again on a future cruise. That said; I may consider the following:

Cozumel - found out about Cozumel Kids Hope too late but if I could do it over again I would have given these tour a try. Google them.

Falmouth - if you're not interested in leaving the port area but still want to swim etc. I believe the Margaritaville in port is now open and it may have a pool. The only thing I caution with pools is some places they are adults only and where kids are allowed they must be fully potty trained.

Cheers