Lobster Tails from Carlo's on Breakaway

KMVigs

Silly question... But I was raised on good NYC pastries. I know this is cake boss.. But are they any good? Has anyone had the lobster tails? Are they cannoli cream or a yellow cream?

Get them on day 1 or 2 otherwise they are noticeably not fresh.

Agree completely. They make most of the pastries in the Hoboken bakery and then ship them to the ships. But some of the crew are being trained on how to make them fresh on the ships. Sorry, I don't know which pastries or which ships. Best bet for super fresh is get it the first day or two, as Planefixer said.

Silly question... But I was raised on good NYC pastries. I know this is cake boss.. But are they any good? Has anyone had the lobster tails? Are they cannoli cream or a yellow cream?

I'm familiar with cannol's but I've never heard them called lobster tails.

anyone know where that came from?

If you were raised on the good stuff, you will be disappointed in these. And in case a Carlo's opens near you on land like it did for me, you will be disappointed in that too. The ship has the exact same (bad) stuff the chain bakeries have. Buddy can brag all he wants about his cannoli cream, but it is bland and boring. The "butter" cookies and carrot cake cupcakes suck too. Really a bummer : (

I'm familiar with cannol's but I've never heard them called lobster tails.

anyone know where that came from?

Lobster tails are shaped like lobster tails! They have a sfogliatella "shell" with (the good ones ;)) a yellow cream on the inside. They're different from cannoli's, but have had some that had cannoli cream instead of the yellow cream... Is anyone else getting hungry or is it just me?

I wasn't raised on the good stuff, but I did purchase one of these Lobster Tails on our Getaway cruise after reading so much about them on here.

To me, it tasted like what I call a creme horn. :p I love creme horns, so this was just a very expensive creme horn to me. :D

Lobster tails are shaped like lobster tails! They have a sfogliatella "shell" with (the good ones ;)) a yellow cream on the inside. They're different from cannoli's, but have had some that had cannoli cream instead of the yellow cream... Is anyone else getting hungry or is it just me?

Thanks.

I wasn't raised on the good stuff, but I did purchase one of these Lobster Tails on our Getaway cruise after reading so much about them on here.

To me, it tasted like what I call a creme horn. :p I love creme horns, so this was just a very expensive creme horn to me. :D

I love cream horns! I see you're in OH, I grew up in Buffalo it must be a regional thing.

I will say that on the BA. We really enjoyed the rainbow layer cookies from Carlo's.

And there was a cannoli creme cookie filled between the two almond cookies.

Kind of like an Italian Oreo.

Have no idea what the name was. But, they were great with an iced coffee[emoji514]

Edited by Planefixer