Norwegian Escape vs Royal Carribean Allure of the Seas

honeym00ner

Our experience is that the food and service on NCL is far superior all across the board. Activities are better too. Can't beat the waterfront and the water slides on the newer ships. The shows are real good too. We were originally booked to go on the Allure TA but after our last experience with RCCL we changed it to the Escape TA and we are really looking forward to it :)

So then you are making a comparison based on not even sailing on the Allure?:confused:

Bill

Our experience is that the food and service on NCL is far superior all across the board. Activities are better too. Can't beat the waterfront and the water slides on the newer ships. The shows are real good too. We were originally booked to go on the Allure TA but after our last experience with RCCL we changed it to the Escape TA and we are really looking forward to it :)

You can not make a comparison with sailing the Allure. ;)

My comparison is based on my experiences with two RCCL ships

I did mean to say in my post "without" sailing the Allure you can not make a comparison. As Bill said, the Allure and Oasis are so totally different from the rest the of RC ships.

Theses are the ships (called the big girls) everyone should sail, just once. Just amazing.:)

Edited by janetz

Whereas I feel like NCL just had better food options everywhere. Food is just so subjective it's really hard to compare. And I loved Cagney's and had awesome service... Dining at Chops tonight so will compare.

How was Chops? how would you compare it? I found Chops on Allure and Oasis to be more elegant and formal. It was more laid back on Quantum. Still delicious but I missed the red wine sauce the new sauce was great.

Cagneys I have found to be laid back on Epic and Getaway. Good food but they are so busy they are rushed and don't take care of their guests. Not enough servers. I also found that the matre d did not care at all, period. Snotty actually. Like I got the wrong food but could not get someone to help me. So I ate it cause it took so long to get and we had a show. When it was served to me I said this wasn't what I ordered and he said he would bring me my meal but never did. After 15 min and my family finishing their meals I ate it. See why its not my favorite place. We walked to the bar outside to get our own water. Cause the "excuse me's" where ignored.

How was Chops? how would you compare it? I found Chops on Allure and Oasis to be more elegant and formal. It was more laid back on Quantum. Still delicious but I missed the red wine sauce the new sauce was great.

Cagneys I have found to be laid back on Epic and Getaway. Good food but they are so busy they are rushed and don't take care of their guests. Not enough servers. I also found that the matre d did not care at all, period. Snotty actually. Like I got the wrong food but could not get someone to help me. So I ate it cause it took so long to get and we had a show. When it was served to me I said this wasn't what I ordered and he said he would bring me my meal but never did. After 15 min and my family finishing their meals I ate it. See why its not my favorite place. We walked to the bar outside to get our own water. Cause the "excuse me's" where ignored.

I LOVED Cagney's. It's one of the best steaks I have had, period. I didn't find the service rushed at all. I could take my time and eat way too much food and my waiter was awesome. In comparison, Chops was just okay. We had a waiter who kept interrupting our group when we were trying to talk, and the steaks - which should shine - were not even close to the same quality as Cagney's. And there were only two cuts included in the $39. If I am paying $39 there is no way I am paying another $18 for my steak. I can eat on land at a great steakhouse for that. The Gruyere tater tots though... They were amazing. I could have eaten them all night. The bernaise sauce was good but I didn't like the peppercorn.