Picture-A-Week-2015 - Week 27

shootr

Pictures taken between Monday 6-29 and July 5 (I looked, didn't see a thread - hate to have the chain broken...)

Busy week...brain fade...whatever the reason, thanks for filling in!

Dave

Pictures taken between Monday 6-29 and July 5 (I looked, didn't see a thread - hate to have the chain broken...)

KEEPER!!!

Z2fPidLKh-opaRf94AyMU9f1zyk1JT2wNFUE1c6m=w1039-h672-no

AF1QipOSlV-CcNq0SLmS58UrtHJ3ag9wVh8qC87O1g

Great shot and thanks for continuing the chain/thread. CC members post the most awesome photos. :)

In our community each July 3rd is what is called "Red, White & Boom!!" About a half million people come downtown for a big, music-driven fireworks set-off along the river area. It is billed as the largest show in the Midwest. In the "hip" area called the "Short North", a friend has a nice, top-level condo apartment and his balcony has a perfect viewing point. Below are a few of my visuals samples. Like? Next will be, a July 4th community parade with lots of Americana from earlier today!!

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Enjoyed a 14-day, Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, Sydney to Auckland adventure, getting a big sampling for the wonders of "down under” before and after this cruise. Go to:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1974139

for more info and many pictures of these amazing sights in this great part of the world. Now at 110,576 views for this posting.

For these fireworks visuals in Columbus last night, most were shot at a 2.5 seconds exposure, f6.3, 125 ISO with a 35mm Nikkor lens on my Nikon D7100. With such a slow speed, I had a small, table-top tripod device. This is the first time trying to do any serious work capturing fireworks at night. Still learning for the challenges in doing this type of night shooting. Several major downtown buildings are shown, including Nationwide Insurance, Hilton Hotel, etc.:

July2015A4_zpsje2rtn7e.jpg

July2015A6_zpsd1sseggf.jpg

July2015A5_zpshi9hkoz1.jpg

July2015A6_zpsd1sseggf.jpg

July2015A1_zpsjxzd6oyq.jpg

July2015A2_zpscyzvtccg.jpg

Now for the July 4th visuals from here in the "Colonies"!! It's a suburb of 13,000 residents just east of the downtown called "Bexley". Does that name sound a little British? This tree-lined, upscale suburb was named in honor of the London Borough of Bexley. Incorporated in 1908, it is along the Alum Creek waterway and is horizontally bisected by the "National Road" (Main Street). It has a Lutheran college (Capital University) and is best known for its large houses and estates, including the home of the president of Ohio State University and the Ohio Governor's Mansion.

Their July 4th morning parade has ALL you can seek to experience for such community events on this happy holiday. The parade had high school class reunion groups, bands, fire trucks, old cars, candy for the kids, etc. Below are the first six visuals to summarize part of the "fun" on this exciting day to celebrate our Independence Day. Weather? Perfect today! Especially after having had rain for 21 of the past 23 days in Columbus.

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 180,602 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

From Bexley's July 4th Community Parade, here is the first group of my visuals to celebrate our nation's birthday. The second picture shows the "Grand Marshall" for the parade. He's a famed big booster for the National Championship OSU Buckeye football team. Love the old cars, various participants, people enjoying the day, etc.:

July2015A21_zps2spx2vgh.jpg

July2015A20_zpsivip9d4v.jpg

July2015A17_zpsd4x2tujm.jpg

July2015A19_zpseyjwgu2c.jpg

July2015A18_zpstq9cc4hu.jpg

July2015A13_zpssdmefwgr.jpg

Appreciate the patience and hopeful interest as I share these July 4th Community Parade pictures from the Columbus suburb of Bexley. They have great "tradition" in this parade and their community.

The author Bob Greene (former Chicago Tribune writer) grew up here and has written several books tied to these types of local community activities and participation.

From our Jan. 25-Feb. 20, 2015, Amazon River-Caribbean combo sailing over 26 days that started in Barbados, here is the link below to that live/blog. Lots of great visuals from this amazing Brazil river and these various Caribbean Islands (Dutch ABC's, St. Barts, Dominica, Grenada, etc.) that we experienced. Check it out at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2157696

Now at 24,870 views for these postings.

Notice the brick streets along this section of the parade route where we were located? Now the fun!! Here are the "High Wheelers" using their skills to go up and down this parade route and even do a "trick" or two. Plus, lots more sampling of the music, historic vehicles, people and activities with this parade. Notice the cute Mini Cooper car shown? Even a couple of cute dogs are included, too!!:

July2015A14_zpsynqkjsa8.jpg

July2015A15_zps6dfvtxyk.jpg

July2015A11_zpscnqhaqfp.jpg

July2015A16_zpspzsgk3u2.jpg

July2015A12_zpsqk8fz5ok.jpg

July2015A10_zpsibi0297f.jpg

Appreciate the great "wildlife" visuals from dileep. Helping to building our excitement for visiting South Africa and Botswana early next year. From yesterday's July 4th festivities in Bexley that were summarized earlier, here are a few floral examples and an art visual to share. More of my pictures to come on fireworks, music and fun from last night.

Super loved Dubrovnik!!! See more details and lots of great visual samples/examples at this link. Have had over 29,208 views on this posting and appreciate those who have tuned-in and dropped by.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1439227

From the home we visited in Bexley yesterday, here are a couple of floral samples. Third is an outdoor art work example in their backyard. They have many pieces, including this one, by Yulla Lipchitz. She was the owner's mother and the second wife of famed Cubist sculptor Jacques Lipchitz.:

July2015A9_zpshpmry2jn.jpg

July2015A8_zpsxgfkx3z1.jpg

July2015A7_zpsz5jlbyuw.jpg

Now back to the fun of floral "eye-candy". Where? It is downtown at Columbus Commons, a large, relatively-new park area that has an outdoor amphitheater right nearby to my office and above a handy underground parking area. Here is a sampling of flowers and planting right before we were going to be enjoying the Columbus Symphony at their "Picnic at the Pops" Fourth of July concert. More visuals of that and fireworks to follow!

For details and visuals, etc., from our July 1-16, 2010, Norway Coast/Fjords/Arctic Circle cruise experience from Copenhagen on the Silver Cloud, check out this posting. This posting is now at 180,642 views.

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1227923

Here is a sampling downtown at our Columbus Commons in their park area next to the large outdoor amphitheater that hosts the outdoor Columbus Symphony programs during the summers.:

July2015A1%201_zpsfkuqwtmj.jpg

July2015A6%201_zpsf6mio083.jpg

July2015A4%201_zpsv87cnhp2.jpg

July2015A5%201_zpsbgsaj6w0.jpg

July2015A2%201_zpsip8oluo9.jpg

July2015A3%201_zpsgheuazgj.jpg

To complete last night's fun downtown at our Columbus Commons, here is some more from this outdoor amphitheater right nearby to my office. For enjoying the Columbus Symphony at their "Picnic at the Pops" Fourth of July concert, here are a few visuals of from their music program and the fireworks that followed!

Did a June 7-19, 2011, cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Dozens of nice visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc. We are now at 201,319 views for this live/blog re-cap, including much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

Patriotic music was the "thing" last night, including singing by a large men's chorus. The conductor is helping directing the audience to do a little singing along. Plus, sparklers and then lots of fireworks to finish. These fireworks pictures were mostly shot, hand-held, at 1/10 of a second, f5.6 with ISO of 1,600. This was a little different camera set-up than used on Friday evening.:

July2015A8%201_zpscptn1y8l.jpg

July2015A7%201_zpsp2fbogh3.jpg

July2015A9%201_zpsvoulqovo.jpg

July2015A12%201_zpskzskzfed.jpg

July2015A11%201_zps8wm3gheg.jpg

July2015A10%201_zpspailzafj.jpg

This cast-in-place concrete outer wall of hall #4 at the Pomona fair

grounds was built in 1930 before tilt-up construction became the norm.

Light plus shadow plus camera equals PAW 2015-27.

p1303132583-5.jpg

Dave

We have new baby robins in a nest off the corner of our garage. There are actually three, but this one in particular was not happy -MOM feed me now! :D

Mom didn't make the best choice in building her nest here - gets full afternoon sun. DH went out yesterday and rigged up a piece of cardboard as some shade. Hope they do ok.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

We have new baby robins in a nest off the corner of our garage. There are actually three, but this one in particular was not happy -MOM feed me now! :D

Mom didn't make the best choice in building her nest here - gets full afternoon sun. DH went out yesterday and rigged up a piece of cardboard as some shade. Hope they do ok.

ry%3D400

ry%3D400

How cute.

It's dragonfly season down here in Florida - out on Friday July 3 for the holiday, I decided to take some shots of the different types around the wetlands, with my DSLR and Tamron 150-600mm lens:

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

original.jpg

It's dragonfly season down here in Florida - out on Friday July 3 for the holiday, I decided to take some shots of the different types around the wetlands, with my DSLR and Tamron 150-600mm lens:

Great shots!

Fantastic photos all round,

The original beach picture and I think it lent it self to be changed, I don't normally do this type of thing, only the typical alteration in a photo shop type program.

beach1.jpg

beachserpia.jpg

Dickie

Shootr, that's a brilliant shot! KrazyKruisers, love the garden pictures, and I'm also enjoying the 4th July photos - though I am convinced you guys made a mistake and should just have hung on in there with the UK.

Anyway, we were off cruising this week, so here are a few pics. There are eight; the first day was actually 28-Jun so I'm going to cheat a little. This is also a duplicate of the same photos over in the Royal Caribbean forum.

Here goes:

1. The Allure in Barcelona Harbour

19290965458_2a3bc1055b_b.jpg

2015-06-28 (Day 179) Allure Of The Seas by Alan Potter, on Flickr

2. Sunset off Pamla de Mallorca

19478594675_b1f49cc674_b.jpg

2015-06-29 (Day 180) View From The Balcony by Alan Potter, on Flickr

3. View of the pool, off the coast of Marseilles

18856123004_76d8710f66_c.jpg

2015-06-30 (Day 181) Leisure by Alan Potter, on Flickr

4. Lazy legs selfie off La Spezia, Italy

19482955991_362d2e6d26_c.jpg