Passport in port ?

Dwalkerdave

In Spain it is illegal not to carry photo ID as it is also in some other countries. In fact, we got stopped by traffic police a couple of years ago in Spain. I had my passport with me, but the other 2 passengers did not. We got read the Riot Act and a fine. It tells you on the Horizon paper if it is required.

On Oceana (just returned) we had to take our passports ashore for Civitavecchia and Venice. In Venice this was enforced and they were checked twice by Port staff. We just checked the back of the Horizon for this information. Since I live in the a Netherlands I am used to always carrying photo ID so this was not a problem.

On Oceana (just returned) we had to take our passports ashore for Civitavecchia and Venice. In Venice this was enforced and they were checked twice by Port staff. We just checked the back of the Horizon for this information. Since I live in the a Netherlands I am used to always carrying photo ID so this was not a problem.

Given the problems Italy have had over the last year or so with people from North Africa and the Near East trying to get into the country, I imagine the authorities have tightened things up. Not that the average cruiser looks much like a refugee.

Given the problems Italy have had over the last year or so with people from North Africa and the Near East trying to get into the country, I imagine the authorities have tightened things up. Not that the average cruiser looks much like a refugee.

Oh I don't know, some of the casual wear and jackets on semi formal nights.....;)